Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Online seminar

Online seminar
an0therdumbsn
Apr 28, 2005, 11:37 PM

Just wondering when that will start.
It said i would get an email with a link and code to watch it but i still havent got the email.
Will it be sent out at midnight or not until 6 tomorrow? or should i have gotten it already?

asodamiac
Senior User
Apr 28, 2005, 11:41 PM

and to add onto his question.. how long will it be up? according to apple's site, tiger should ship out tomorrow.. but i was expecting to have it.. tomorrow. will this seminar be up for a while?
15" Powerbook G4 | 1.67, 1.5gb, 128VRAM, SD
20" iMac | 2.66, 2gb, HD 2600
Dell 2408WFP

joshiieee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 12:18 AM

just got my email for it!

Here's your exclusive invitation to the Inside Tiger seminar.

Thank you for your recent purchase of Mac OS X Tiger at the online Apple Store. You are receiving this email because your purchase entitles you to attend our exclusive online seminar anytime between April 29 and June 11, 2005. This is the perfect way to introduce yourself to your new operating system and to get an inside look at Spotlight, Dashboard, and other favorites from the over 200 new features in Tiger.

You can attend the seminar starting at 5:30 a.m. PDT on April 29. The seminar streams over the Internet as a QuickTime movie, so you can enjoy it at home, at work, or even wirelessly at your local hot spot.

To view the online seminar, please follow these guidelines:
Install Tiger on your Mac
Verify that you have Safari (latest version included with Tiger), Internet Explorer 5.0, AOL, or Netscape 7.0; must accept browser cookies
Ensure that you have QuickTime 7 (included with Tiger)
A fast Internet connection (DSL/cable or faster) is recommended for viewing the streamed video
Click on your personal link below to attend.
Joshiieee

Independent News | Recipes | eBay Store | Forums
click the image above

MrLatte
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 12:19 AM

I just got my email to the Apple Tiger seminar. Said it would be available between April 29 to June 11 and only 15 times. Available starting the 29th at 5:30am PT. You need to have Tiger installed to view the streaming video in QuickTime 7.

starman
Clinically Insane
Apr 29, 2005, 12:41 AM

I just got my email.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

asodamiac
Senior User
Apr 29, 2005, 01:30 AM

same here. first apple lags with my order.. then they rub it in my emailing my "ticket" to the seminar. thanks apple.. i hope tiger comes tomorrow.. the order is still processing though
15" Powerbook G4 | 1.67, 1.5gb, 128VRAM, SD
20" iMac | 2.66, 2gb, HD 2600
Dell 2408WFP

MDWeezer
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2005, 01:40 AM

My order is shipped and on the fedex page says i'll have by 4:30 on friday, I also got the seminar email and I'm very excited! I'm going to do a clean install and while I copy everything off of my iPod i'll prolly watch the video.

Can't wait!

kman42
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2005, 10:13 AM

It doesn't work. It says "The requested application was not found on this server."

Thorin
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2005, 10:19 AM

I get the same (the requested application not being found message). It says that the URL should be personal to me, but it doesn't look like it is at all, it looks like a generic address, so have they screwed up somewhere?
( Last edited by Thorin; Apr 29, 2005 at 10:36 AM. )
12" Rev B PB

kman42
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2005, 10:20 AM

Well, the web address I get is about as generic as they come. Mine ends in an 'A'. Yours?

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 29, 2005, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by kman42
Well, the web address I get is about as generic as they come. Mine ends in an 'A'. Yours?
Same.

But this won't be available until 6:00 PM Apple's time, correct?

kman42
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2005, 10:30 AM

No. The email says 5:30 AM PDT. That was 2 ours ago. There is now a topic on the Apple support pages.

Thorin
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2005, 10:35 AM

Sounds like they have sent the same URL out to everyone then, yet the email says:

This is your personal access URL that permits you to access the Seminar content up to 15 times. Your personal access URL is being provided only for your personal viewing of the online Seminar and is not to be distributed, copied, or posted.
So overall, this is going well
12" Rev B PB

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 29, 2005, 10:56 AM

fedex delivered my copy of tiger. installed it, bought quicktime 7 pro, and yet, still no seminar for me.

kman42
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2005, 10:58 AM

People should go to the Apple support pages and post there just to keep that topic near the top of their page and maybe one of the moderators will notice and pass it along.

Thorin
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2005, 04:33 PM

I just got a revised email, with the correct link.

The seminar is quite cool. A little basic, but still there are the odd things that are interesting. The most impressive thing is it's streaming perfectly for me and it's 640 x 360 - quite impressed with my first taste of H.264.
12" Rev B PB

Forum Links
Forum Rules