Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Does this work for you.

Does this work for you.
Andrew Stephens
Mac Elite
Nov 20, 2007, 09:52 AM

Having some issues with this website. Would appreciate some feedback on how it's working out in the wild.

Children's Book Illustrators. The very best from Beehive Illustration

Once you enter the site you should be able to see all the artists. The problem is that once people click on an artist (by name or image) they can then navigate to the next artist (or back) via the previous artist and next artist buttons. However, some people have been reporting that after a few (sometimes even one) step forward to the next artist, the site seems to freeze up as the server stops responding to requests.

If anyone could have look and report back if this issue effects them I would be very grateful.

Thanks

andi*pandi
Nov 20, 2007, 10:39 AM

It does seem to load very slow, even on the home page. The previous/next buttons either don't work or are just taking a REALLY long time to get the next page. same with the popup.

The rollovers on the artist page were also not all working, I suspect due to load times. Are you using a preloader?

Mac Firefox 2.0

Andrew Stephens  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 20, 2007, 10:45 AM

that's the server hanging.

Images should preload. The problem on the home page was the client insisting that ALL the artists were on one page rather than in sections which would preload behind the scenes.

Andrew Stephens  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 20, 2007, 04:00 PM

revised coding.

seems better but objective comments still sought.

ta

Thorzdad
Nov 20, 2007, 05:41 PM

Wow. That a lot of artists on that first page. Good job getting it to work. Loads acceptably fast, considering the number of images.

My only real critique is that I would like to see that black bar, just under the header, extend all the way to the right. I'm not liking the way that little image is just hanging there off the edge of the black bar right now.

Nice site. I might suggest a background color or pattern in the background, outside the live area. Would help to better frame the site, maybe? Maybe a subtle honeycomb pattern? Or would that be overkill?

Cold Warrior
Nov 20, 2007, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_bl View Post
I'll keep using you in future as well.

Steve Billy
Using for what, spam?

Reported.

Andrew Stephens  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2007, 03:30 AM

oi!

NOT spam!! I designed this site. I was asking for help in locating a fault! I'm a forum regular here!

Thorzdad
Nov 21, 2007, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew Stephens View Post
oi!

NOT spam!! I designed this site. I was asking for help in locating a fault! I'm a forum regular here!
Andrew...
Cold Warrior was responding to another post that appeared in this thread. It's been deleted because it was blatant spam. He wasn't referring to any of your comments.

Cold Warrior
Nov 21, 2007, 08:32 AM

indeed. That's what I get for not quoting the spammer -- his post gets deleted, then mine looks out of context.

Andrew Stephens  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2007, 04:05 PM

d'oh! Sorry Mr Warrior.

Forum Links
Forum Rules