Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Syncing issue with iTunes

Syncing issue with iTunes
dark3lf
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2009, 02:40 PM

I have an iPhone 3G S using the latest iTunes. I like to listen to podcasts, audio books, and various other mp4 based bookmarkable files. Every time I launch iTunes with the iPhone connected, I get a very brief "Sync in Progress" screen on my iPhone and everything that is able to be bookmarked is reset the position that exists on the Mac. I'm able to sync normally but all media files have to be manually moved forward on the iPhone to it's desired time. I've checked all normal settings and set most things to 'manual' on iTunes, but I just can't figure out why it will sync and reset before I command it to sync. Anyone else have this issue?

ibook_steve
Sep 5, 2009, 06:57 PM

iTunes -> Preferences -> Devices -> Disable automatic syncing

Maybe you missed this setting.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

dark3lf  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2009, 08:32 PM

Thanks I'll check it out.

Forum Links
Forum Rules