Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > AirPort Express Problem at New Location

AirPort Express Problem at New Location
El Maestro
Apr 12, 2005, 08:59 AM

Hi folks,

I've got a weird issue, I was wondering if anyone could help.

This past weekend I bought an AirPort Express and set it up at home. It was set to extend a network from an AirPort Extreme Base Station I've got in the house, and for AirTunes.

All worked fine, Internet, music, it was great.

I took it to work this morning to set up in my classroom. I want to set up another profile, this time using the Express to create the wireless network and do AirTunes. Problem is, I plug it in, the light blinks yellow, but I can't detect it, either in the AirPort Admin Utility or in the AirPort Setup Assistant.

I know the Internet connection works, I took it out of the AirPort Express and that's how I'm typing to you now.

Is there anything I'm not doing to get it to show up in my list of wireless networks? The thing is plugged in and literally 4 feet from my PB, but my computer acts as if there is nothing wireless near it.

Weird!

SWFan
Forum Regular
Apr 16, 2005, 06:07 PM

Are you trying to connect to the AX wirelessly? If so, plug your Mac directly into the AX's Ethernet port. If your Mac won't see the AX when directly connected via an Ethernet cable, then the AX is possibly broken. Before returning it after testing a wired connection, try a complete hard reset. Instructions on resetting the unit can be found in Apple's support section at apple.com.

El Maestro  (op)
Apr 16, 2005, 09:07 PM

Thanks for the advice. i did the hard reset as you suggested, and all of a sudden, it worked no problem. I set up my new profile and everything is fine. Odd!

Forum Links
Forum Rules