Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > AT&T offering 50 percent off iPhones, other smartphones

AT&T offering 50 percent off iPhones, other smartphones
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Nov 16, 2013, 08:32 PM

AT&T is currently offering an online deal that will allow customers to pick up the latest smartphones on the carrier for half off. Customers signing up for a two-year contract can get devices like the 16GB iPhone 5s for between $100. Also on offer is the iPhone 5c, which is available for $50 on contract. The deal only applies to those devices that are priced under $199 regularly, meaning that devices like the Galaxy Note 3 are not eligible for the discount.

The iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c are now available for just $50, while the Lumia 920 and BlackBerry Z10 are available for $0.49. Nokia's Lumia 1520 is also available for $99, and the Galaxy S4 Zoom is available for the same price.

AT&T says the online-only deal is available for a limited time, though the carrier has not specified how long the sale will last. The devices on sale are also available for free shipping,.

xomniron
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2013, 12:21 AM

Only the 16GB iPhone 5s has a $100 discount. Too small. The 32GB and 64GB phones are not included. Bummer.

slapppy
Nov 17, 2013, 12:41 AM

No good deal. T-Mobile is better with unlimited everything and tethering...cheaper too.

driven
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 17, 2013, 04:25 AM

T-Mobile is putting a hurt on the big two (at&t & VZW) But they are hurting Sprint as well.

Amazing when you change your focus from pure profit, to pure customer satisfaction. The customers come, and the profit follows.
- MacBook Air M2 16GB / 512GB
- MacBook Pro 16" i9 2.4Ghz 32GB / 1TB
- MacBook Pro 15" i7 2.9Ghz 16GB / 512GB
- iMac i5 3.2Ghz 1TB
- G4 Cube 500Mhz / Shelf display unit / Museum display

davisadm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2013, 01:25 PM

Yes, only the 16GB 5s is on sale. I agree, T-Mobile is better & they are putting pressure on the other carriers. Good for them!

Charles Martin
Mac Elite
Nov 18, 2013, 12:49 AM

I don't mean to knock T-Mobile too much as I know all carriers have congested or dead spots, but my recent experience with them was a bit spotty. Great in NYC, terrible in Washington DC. Great in Atlanta, lousy in Orlando (all are in the downtown core for reference). Their logo should be "YMMV."
Charles Martin
MacNN Editor

driven
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2013, 02:41 AM

They should *technically* be good anyplace at&t is good. One of the outputs of the failed merger between at&t & t-mobile was t-mobile gets roaming rights on all at&t's towers for a certain number of years. Also: They bought MetroPCS, so assuming they retrofited those towers for GSM devices, that should also be a help.
- MacBook Air M2 16GB / 512GB
- MacBook Pro 16" i9 2.4Ghz 32GB / 1TB
- MacBook Pro 15" i7 2.9Ghz 16GB / 512GB
- iMac i5 3.2Ghz 1TB
- G4 Cube 500Mhz / Shelf display unit / Museum display

Forum Links
Forum Rules