Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Need help with .gifs

Need help with .gifs
blackbird_1.0
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2005, 06:57 AM

I searched this forum, and I know you can make animated .gifs form quicktime movies. I've read all the posts. I can't seem to figure out the exact setting to export it to a .gif. All Graphic Converter does is export all the separate frames. How do I get them to export as one animated gif?

godzookie2k
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2005, 10:18 AM

I think quicktime pro will allow you to export as an animated gif, pretty much any video app will allow you to export as an animated gif too. Also, you can have graphic converter export them as separate frames and then do a "import folder as frames" in image ready. (fireworks might import a quicktime, but I don't use it so I don't know)

blackbird_1.0  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2005, 12:03 PM

Quicktime pro doesn't have the option. I was hoping to be able to do this without buying any expensive programs. Virtual Dub on Windows can do something similar.

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Mar 10, 2005, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0:
I searched this forum, and I know you can make animated .gifs form quicktime movies. I've read all the posts. I can't seem to figure out the exact setting to export it to a .gif. All Graphic Converter does is export all the separate frames. How do I get them to export as one animated gif?
If you have Flash, all you have to do is drop them on the stage and export as a gif.

Otherwise there are other programs that will do the trick: (Here is one)

Gifbuilder Carbon (versiontracker.com - Searched "animated gifs"

It's free.

Thorzdad
Mar 10, 2005, 12:09 PM

If you have the seperate frames, simply put each one into individual layers in a photoshop file. Then use ImageReady to create the animation using the layers as the frames.

blackbird_1.0  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2005, 12:22 PM

Originally posted by budster101:
If you have Flash, all you have to do is drop them on the stage and export as a gif.

Otherwise there are other programs that will do the trick: (Here is one)

Gifbuilder Carbon (versiontracker.com - Searched "animated gifs"

It's free.
Yeah, but it doesn't take the video an convert it to .gif. And I don't have ImageReady because I don't have Ps, just PS elements 2.

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Mar 10, 2005, 12:37 PM

Yeah, but it doesn't take the video an convert it to .gif. And I don't have ImageReady because I don't have Ps, just PS elements 2.
Try one of these packages: I found this guy on the net, and the software is free, read the "readme" files.

Filesharing Link

- Seque
- Curly
- Flipmovie

One of these may work for you.

Good Luck!

blackbird_1.0  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2005, 01:10 PM

Originally posted by budster101:
Try one of these packages: I found this guy on the net, and the software is free, read the "readme" files.

Filesharing Link

- Seque
- Curly
- Flipmovie

One of these may work for you.

Good Luck!
Thanks! i'll give it a shot.

Forum Links
Forum Rules