Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Lighten scratch on iBook screen?

Lighten scratch on iBook screen?
dole
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2003, 05:19 PM

Is there anyway to lighten the scratch that my son put on my screen? I know I won't be able to completely remove it, but this sticks out like a sore thumb and is driving me crazy. It don't feel like a deep scratch at all, but it is extremely visible when it is on a white backround.

passmaster16
Senior User
Feb 26, 2003, 05:53 PM

Originally posted by dole:
Is there anyway to lighten the scratch that my son put on my screen? I know I won't be able to completely remove it, but this sticks out like a sore thumb and is driving me crazy. It don't feel like a deep scratch at all, but it is extremely visible when it is on a white backround.
At work we use pledge, yup furniture polish, to remove scratches from laptop tfts. Your mileage will vary depending on how deep the scratch is.

passmaster16
Senior User
Feb 26, 2003, 05:56 PM

I just realized that I might have misread your post, if you meant the actual tft is scratched, I'd use pledge. If you're talking about the white outside casing, Brasso metal polish works pretty good.

dole  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2003, 08:20 PM

Yea, the actual screen itself has a minor scratch on it. I will give pledge a shot and see if that works, if not I will give this iKlear Apple Polish Kit from Apple Store a shot.

Forum Links
Forum Rules