Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > How to make OS X Boot Disk...Easily

How to make OS X Boot Disk...Easily
rozwado1
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2003, 11:23 PM

I recently stumbled across this website:

http://www.macworld.com/quicktime/webbungalow12-01.mov

This movie explains the process of how to make a boot disk for OS 9. I became interested that this is possible, and I would like to try it.
My problem:
I have not worked in OS 9 since I bought 10.2, and I regret to say that it is not on my system anymore.
What I ask of you:
I would like directions on how to make a customized boot disk for my iBook (running 10.2.4). Another problem (feat) I would like to conquer is that I want to put DiskWarrior on this Boot Disk (Remember, no OS 9) as well as some of the programs on Systemworks 2. You may ask "Why would he want to do this--he can simply Boot from either of these disks?" Well, I would like to do it to prove to myself that I can. I have been a "switcher" for long enough, and I would like to upgrade my status.
So, in conclusion, I would like to know if it is possible to make an OS 9 boot disk in OS X, without any 3rd-party software.
(p.s.-I have Toast Titanium 5.1.1)

rytc
Senior User
Feb 27, 2003, 06:23 AM

Mount your original computer restore CDs copy off the system folder, its in a folder called computer HD.dmg (where for me computer = iBook) now you have a system folder, burn it to a bootable CD, you can do that in Toast add whatever else you wish and it should boot up your Mac.

Metzen
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 27, 2003, 08:42 PM

Here ya go It's called BootCD.

Download and just run the software. You'll understand how to make bootable OS X CD's in about 2 mins.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
E. F. Schumacher

rytc
Senior User
Feb 28, 2003, 07:02 PM

Originally posted by Metzen:
Here ya go It's called BootCD.

Download and just run the software. You'll understand how to make bootable OS X CD's in about 2 mins.
He wanted to make an OS9 bootable CD not an OS X CD.....

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Feb 28, 2003, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by rytc:
He wanted to make an OS9 bootable CD not an OS X CD.....
re: title of thread "How to make OS X Boot Disk...Easily"it's a bit misleading. Could have done with reading some of the posts though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules