Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > We Need a Sticky on "Which laptop should i get" 12,15,17

We Need a Sticky on "Which laptop should i get" 12,15,17
LfGrdMike
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2003, 11:23 AM

Their have been lots of threads on this, and I think its necessary being that the question is so popular to open a sticky on this. Why it would need a lot of information on the deciding factors. The questions need to be asked in a perfect sequencial order in order to work. Why if someone was still caught up in the decision based on a major facto likea video professional I suppose they could post another thread on this, but instead of cluttering the forum with this why not make it better. You got a sticky for backpacks lets make one for "Deciding which powerbook you should get"

List benefits and negatives below. Lets start brainstorming ideas to make this sticky really informative I got to think for awhile but all be back. Why not one of you start the buzz. I think this is a really good Idea and I hope all of you on macnn agree.
MacBook Pro 15" Rev B | 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB Mem | 160GB HD | Display 15 Glossy Widescreen Display
iPod Mini Green | 35 gigs of music :-)
HP DV1040us Laptop | 1.6 Pentium M | 1GB RAM | Centrino

LfGrdMike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2003, 11:38 AM

Ok for one question I think should be.

What do you primarily need the laptop for, and where do you plan on using it?

another might be

Whats your profession or job? What do you Do for a living as a simple way of asking it?

Ok I started
MacBook Pro 15" Rev B | 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB Mem | 160GB HD | Display 15 Glossy Widescreen Display

LfGrdMike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2003, 12:01 PM

Ok i got some more eheh Lets go people I think this is a good idea I posted a thread on should I get a 12 or 15 and the questions are always the same. So why not make a sticky!

What software packages will you run, and are they demanding ones like photoshop.

Will you be on the go a lot?

Im going to push this one to the metal cause i think its a really good idea!

LfGrdMike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2003, 06:41 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules