Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Services Menu Problem?

Services Menu Problem?
Douglashh
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 1, 2004, 02:57 PM

I don't know if this is an OS X.3.6 issue or other software so I'm asking here.

I open an image with GraphicConverter. Go to Services menu, Portrait & Prints where is says 'Add to Catalog'. It worked once. P&P opened and the image was shown in the catalog. Subsequent attempts tried but nothing happens. P&P doesn't open and nothing in the Catalog. Even manually launching P&P and trying to use 'Add to Catalog' does nothing.

Is this an issue with GC or P&P or Mac OS?

I've tried repairing permissions and run Disk Utility and TechToolPro and no change.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

AlaskaBoy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2004, 09:38 PM

I didn;t know GC was in the Services Menu. I will have to look when i get home tonight...

As a side note: How does one add/remove stuff from the Services menu? I;ve got a few entries for programs i;ve depeted but I cannot figger out how to get rid of their services entries.

Thanks,
John Boyarsky
RSMS ISS Guy, Tutor & Dirt Burner
Fairbanks, AK
---
I was up all night wondering where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

1.6 G5, Gig-o-RAM, 80HD, DVD, 80 external FW, 15g iPod. (Old Beige G3(running 10.2.8 very nicely) w/tons of accessories)

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Apr 28, 2005, 05:45 AM

I have to echo the question last posed in this thread: how do you remove services? I am also having a small issue with the services menu and a service that is conflicting with a keyboard shortcut I often use. I can't seem to find any Services support file in /Library. Where are these files stored?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Apr 28, 2005, 08:52 AM

There are two questions here - I'll deal with them in reverse order:

1 - removing services - services can be made available via two paths - via specific .services (which live in (~)/Library/Services/) - and via applications. You can remove the former, but to disable the latter you'd have to hack the application's plist. (there may be freeware that handles services too - I think Butler does this, but not sure. )

2 - the original question - Services act on the selection in the current app. Either you have nothing selected, or you are selecting the wrong type of data - try selecting the image files in the finder, instead of selecting the actual graphic data within Graphic Converter.

JKT
Professional Poster
Apr 28, 2005, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Diggory Laycock
There are two questions here - I'll deal with them in reverse order:

1 - removing services - services can be made available via two paths - via specific .services (which live in (~)/Library/Services/) - and via applications. You can remove the former, but to disable the latter you'd have to hack the application's plist. (there may be freeware that handles services too - I think Butler does this, but not sure. )
Actually, all you have to do is move the app out of the /Applications folder and that will disable its Service(s).

Forum Links
Forum Rules