Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Apple Remote Desktop 1 and Tiger

Apple Remote Desktop 1 and Tiger
BoulderDash
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 27, 2005, 11:53 PM

Hey there,
I've upgraded from my B&W G3 to a 20" iMac this week (wow). Any way, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me whether or not the Apple Remote Desktop 1 software I have, which was the Admin on the G3 that's replaced, works with Tiger (10.4.2)?

I don't feel like upgrading to version 2 since all I do is control other "headless" G3's in my home which are used as file servers.

Thanks,
BD

Thinine
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2005, 04:06 AM

No. You can use a 2.x admin to control a 1.x machine, but not vice versa.

BoulderDash  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2005, 09:20 AM

Thank you,
That's good to know. What I'm wondering about, since all of my machines have ARD 1.x, is if ARD 1.x will work with Tiger. I'm going to leave ARD 1.x on all of my machines since I don't want to upgrade to ARD 2.x due to the cost vs. the use.

So, can I install ARD 1.x on a Tiger machine to control other ARD 1.x machines, or does ARD 1.x not run well on Tiger? Thanks,
BD

CatOne
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2005, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Thinine
No. You can use a 2.x admin to control a 1.x machine, but not vice versa.
No, you can't do this either. It will say "incompatible version" and give you the option to push down an update to the 1.x machine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules