Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Should I buy a new iPod now?

Should I buy a new iPod now?
abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Jun 18, 2007, 12:56 PM

I've got a 30GB iPod but I cannot fit all my music on it. I was thinking about selling it and getting an 80GB one but was unsure if something new is going to be released.

with all that apple has on its plate right now, I don't think they have much planned for the immediate future but I figured I should ask around here first.

MoparSteve
Jun 18, 2007, 03:09 PM

I saw 30 & 80GB iPods at CostCo last week. I would think this would be an indication that new iPods would be coming in the not too distant future.

abbaZaba  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 18, 2007, 02:38 PM

well, I left my ipod outside last night in a torrential downpour. silly me.

just ordered a refurb 80GB. hopefully selling it won't be too hard, when a new generation is released.

stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 19, 2007, 11:08 PM

Well, I guess God wanted you to get a 5G iPod then, hahaha
8GB iPhone
Coming Soon: Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

PEPPERRULES
Forum Regular
Jul 20, 2007, 12:06 AM

There might be an update soon, but if you get a refurb one you should be able to unload at only a minimal lost.

PEPPERRULES
Forum Regular
Jul 20, 2007, 12:07 AM

Did somebody say touch screen? When do you think these will hit?

stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 20, 2007, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by MoparSteve View Post
I saw 30 & 80GB iPods at CostCo last week. I would think this would be an indication that new iPods would be coming in the not too distant future.
What?! Costco had iPods so that means new ones are coming out? Costco has had iPods for quite some time now. They sell them...
8GB iPhone
Coming Soon: Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

paulinbognor
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2007, 05:24 AM

I think there might be something just around there corner. The reason I believe this is that for the last couple of weeks Apple have listed the colour varities of the nano on their refurbished shop, all at the same price and seemingly they must have quite a few of them as they have remained when normally the refurbished stuff comes and goes very quickly.

Coul this me Apple offloading their current stock?

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jul 20, 2007, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by paulinbognor View Post
I think there might be something just around there corner. The reason I believe this is that for the last couple of weeks Apple have listed the colour varities of the nano on their refurbished shop, all at the same price and seemingly they must have quite a few of them as they have remained when normally the refurbished stuff comes and goes very quickly.

Coul this me Apple offloading their current stock?
No, it means they either have a bunch of refurbs or people aren't buying them. Apple doesn't sell new items as refurbs just to sell off stock. What they will do is after a new product announcement put the old one under "Clearance Items."

And some stuff stays on the refurb store for a LONG time, it's no indication of anything new in the pipeline.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

plamparello
Jul 22, 2007, 06:16 PM

The new videos that were on (and removed from) macrumors clearly indicate that there is a new iPod in the near future. I'd wait.
plamparello

Forum Links
Forum Rules