Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Dishonest Mac Users

Dishonest Mac Users (Page 3)
LfGrdMike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2003, 10:54 AM

JGcan, Apple is not my religion (Far from it). I would be making the same point for any company. It appears though that Apple wants you to get the discount sense they haven't changed their web site. So I thought this subject was over a long time ago when I agreed with Luca Rescigno's well stated post.

Lets just forget about it now. I shouldn't of even posted the thread until I was sure what Apple was going to do.

I am starting to think I made a big deal out of nothing.

The days when apple was a religion was during the time between the regular apple computer, and the mac. Those days are long gone. I am also to young to know about them, or to care for that matter.

Cheers and Apologies to all who are pissed.
MacBook Pro 15" Rev B | 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB Mem | 160GB HD | Display 15 Glossy Widescreen Display
iPod Mini Green | 35 gigs of music :-)
HP DV1040us Laptop | 1.6 Pentium M | 1GB RAM | Centrino

Arkham_c
Mac Elite
Oct 13, 2003, 11:01 AM

My copy of panther is going to cost me close to $3000. At least they're throwing in a G5 to go with it.
Mac Pro 2x 2.66 GHz Dual core, Apple TV 160GB, two Windows XP PCs

LfGrdMike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2003, 11:04 AM

My copy of panther is going to cost me close to $3000. At least they're throwing in a G5 to go with it.

LOL
MacBook Pro 15" Rev B | 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB Mem | 160GB HD | Display 15 Glossy Widescreen Display
iPod Mini Green | 35 gigs of music :-)
HP DV1040us Laptop | 1.6 Pentium M | 1GB RAM | Centrino

jgcan
Forum Regular
Oct 13, 2003, 02:43 PM

Originally posted by LfGrdMike:
JGcan, Apple is not my religion (Far from it). I would be making the same point for any company. It appears though that Apple wants you to get the discount sense they haven't changed their web site. So I thought this subject was over a long time ago when I agreed with Luca Rescigno's well stated post.

Lets just forget about it now. I shouldn't of even posted the thread until I was sure what Apple was going to do.

I am starting to think I made a big deal out of nothing.

The days when apple was a religion was during the time between the regular apple computer, and the mac. Those days are long gone. I am also to young to know about them, or to care for that matter.

Cheers and Apologies to all who are pissed.
Everything is fine man, I just can't wait to be a Mac user (will order on Oct. 15th)

brapper
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2003, 05:04 PM

can someone say something somewhat controversial to get this thread going again?...I'm gonna miss it if it dies out like this...

iDaver
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 13, 2003, 05:23 PM

Originally posted by brapper:
can someone say something somewhat controversial to get this thread going again?...I'm gonna miss it if it dies out like this...
Ok, I think Apple is keeping a list of all those who "cheat" and get authorized online for the upgrade even though they bought their Mac before the cutoff date; and Apple will never sell those people another Mac again!

How's that for a reason for this whole fiasco?!!

brapper
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2003, 05:38 PM

Originally posted by iDaver:
Ok, I think Apple is keeping a list of all those who "cheat" and get authorized online for the upgrade even though they bought their Mac before the cutoff date; and Apple will never sell those people another Mac again!

LOL...

Rain
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 13, 2003, 06:57 PM

Originally posted by iDaver:

Oh no whatEVERR shall we do??

Oh, I know, we'll ju$t take our bu$ine$$ el$ewhere

iDaver
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 13, 2003, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by Rain:
Oh no whatEVERR shall we do??

Oh, I know, we'll ju$t take our bu$ine$$ el$ewhere
I'd buy a used Mac.

Chemmy
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2003, 10:36 PM

I'd change my name to "Frederico Juarez Tang".

Then I'd buy a Mac at the Apple store.

1.25ghz 15" PowerBook

iDaver
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 13, 2003, 11:05 PM

Best laugh I've had in a week!

bigben1024
Oct 14, 2003, 12:50 AM

I think the thread must have been moved here or something, as I posted on the old thread this and got no responce...

_______------>from other thread (got no response)<------_______

**I had responded to mike's comments in the previous thread, but I see that he's a reasonable guy. I almost feel bad about what I wrote in the other post. Oh well... Here's the rest of the post nobody saw...

I have almost decided to go pb 15", but now I think I will wait a couple of weeks to save myself $20. Hey, I'm not cheap, I'm in college!

OT- I was going to buy a Hank Williams album (I Saw the Light) on my pc through music match. I think I'm getting a pb, but I was going to simply move them over as the album was only 9.99. Praise be to God that I read what I was getting when I started to set up my account... All the songs downloaded are in protected microsoft media format, whatever that means, not mp3. What's more, it says I can make only 5 cds with the same playlist. Let me do what I want with my purchased media.

itunes music store for me!

OH, the agony of waiting even ten days to buy my first pb!
I'm a computer science major in grad school, so I'm excited about all the developing tools we get for free. I know unix/linux better than dos, as we use the previous for all our assignments.
Also, panther comes already with everything I need to run linux/unix guis using my computer as a remote terminal!
Oh, and the imediate fix and run feature will make programming tollerable for the first time. Being able to see imediate results will make me grin.

How many of you program with your macs? How easy is it before panther? I have seen how customizable the interface is! Much more so than windows, I feel.

Where can I find specs for the g4 powerbook's board architecture so that I can compare it with Windows. The response, "Well, our processor only has 7 pipelines where-as intell has 20" doesn't do it for me.

ten points to the one who can tell me what the 1024 is for.
(hint... my major)
( Last edited by bigben1024; Oct 14, 2003 at 12:59 AM. )
<fancy signature here>

Forum Links
Forum Rules