Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FT: Looking For New Maxtor, WD Hard Drives

FT: Looking For New Maxtor, WD Hard Drives
BoulderDash
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2005, 10:11 PM

Hey all,
I'm just throwing this post out there to see if anyone has access to "cost" prices on Maxtor or Western Digital hard drives. Maybe you work for them, maybe you work for a retailer... whatever. I'm looking to upgrade my storage and want a few of the high capacity drives. Maybe 4 or 5. Or perhaps some of those OneTouch externals.

What I can trade is "cost" prices on great, high-end car audio gear. I work for a major brand and can offer a varied selection on products from SIRIUS radios to speakers to head units. The range is somewhere between 30-60% off the suggested retail price (depending on the product).

Drop me a line via PM. Thanks,
BD

mad cow disease
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 31, 2005, 12:43 AM

I worked for a large office supply company (think: like Staples, etc.) and I can tell you that the 'cost' on technology items was very small - less than a 10-20% markup for hard drives. The insane markups was on small things like cables, paper, etc. They'd sell Belkin cables for a bit under 2000% profit!

Anyway, hard drives are generally cheaper to consumers because of rebates nowadays. If you're paying more than 0.50-0.60/GB you're getting ripped off.

This is for old ATA/100/133 drives - SATA comes at a price.

BoulderDash  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 1, 2005, 10:51 AM

Wow,
That's nice to know!

I suppose if anyone can get Sonnet or PowerLogix cards, or any such items, I'd still be very interested in trading. Take it easy,
BD

Forum Links
Forum Rules