Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > iPod Mini: colour may vary...

iPod Mini: colour may vary...
ajprice
Professional Poster
Jul 28, 2004, 06:08 PM

http://portableaudio.engadget.com/en...5433675587411/

It has been reported that the anodised metal of the iPod mini can give varying shades of colours, with some pink models being a lavender colour. Myself, I never realised that there could be a difference in colours like this, the iPod is a mass produced item, so I would have thought the tolerance on colour would be a lot tighter than this.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Jul 28, 2004, 11:20 PM

Metal is a natural product like most of the stuff around. It'd be quite demanding to make sure every one of them matched, especially in mass production
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

SplijinX
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 29, 2004, 10:56 AM

Originally posted by Mac Zealot:
Metal is a natural product like most of the stuff around. It'd be quite demanding to make sure every one of them matched, especially in mass production
Are you sure? The shade of grey on powerbooks don't vary that drastically, it may be the anodizing process, perhaps they mixed a batch of color with a little off from the rest?
Are those free-ranged animal crackers?

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Jul 29, 2004, 11:03 AM

The lavender looks better anyway.

madmacgames
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 29, 2004, 12:54 PM

Originally posted by SplijinX:
it may be the anodizing process
I am not exactly sure, but I think there is something about the anodizing process that makes it nearly impossible to get exact color matches from batch to batch.

madmacgames
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 29, 2004, 12:56 PM

Is one of those supposed to be pink? Maybe it was the camera used, or maybe I am color blind, but they BOTH look lavender to me. Just one is a little darker than the other.

Forum Links
Forum Rules