Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] Avenger theme updated to version 0.4

[ANN] Avenger theme updated to version 0.4
MacMan4000
Mac Elite
Dec 6, 2004, 08:41 PM

Avenger has been updated to version 0.4 finally. This version takes full advantage of the new capabilities of ShapeShifter 2.0. Included in the GuiKit are a desktop and a cursor set. I also finished a few app skins. iChat and Safari are now fully skinned, iTunes will come in the next version. I had hoped to have iTunes ready for this version, but its taking way too long. iTunes has about a jillion images and every one of them needs a separate image mask. I hate image masks.

Safari skin is also not done. it is complete, but i want to re-do the titlebar buttons, they look to big.

check it out

mac15
Senior User
Dec 6, 2004, 08:45 PM

I'm with you there on iTunes masks. Especially if you want the button to have a shadow, the mask is incredibly annoying!

smeger
Mac Elite
Dec 6, 2004, 09:59 PM

I think that this is a major enough update that you should submit it to the ShapeShifter download tab. Especially since the earlier versions have never appeared on it!
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

MacMan4000  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 6, 2004, 10:07 PM

Originally posted by smeger:
I think that this is a major enough update that you should submit it to the ShapeShifter download tab. Especially since the earlier versions have never appeared on it!
WOAH! I completely forgot that! I was planning on it... Expect it late tonight or after school tomorrow... No time in the morning.

[EDIT] But this technically is labeled as a beta... thats against the rules on the submission page...

Flinx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 7, 2004, 05:27 AM

Originally posted by MacMan4000:
But this technically is labeled as a beta... thats against the rules on the submission page... [/B]
What makes you qualify it beta release is the lack of apps skins. But we have seen theme released in a far less advanced state without any beta labelling.

Anyway, this is a very nice theme, sleek and very usable even on a powerbook in bad lighting conditions. It has succeded in replacing bbxmercury on my powerbook at full time.

Keep on with the good job

MacMan4000  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2004, 04:33 PM

WOAH! I completely forgot that! I was planning on it... Expect it late tonight or after school tomorrow... No time in the morning.
OK, so some of you might have noticed by now that my theme is still not in the SS download tab. This is because all this release excitement got me in the mood to work on the theme again... so in other words version 0.5 coming soon... The SS download tab will follow.

eDave
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 9, 2004, 12:42 PM

Anyone else having trouble w/ the 0.4 download? It must have been corrupted somehow, because SS couldn't load the GUIkit & StuffIt couldn't open the archive in the Goodies folder. Hell, Preview couldn't even open the GIF window b-g image. And when I tried to delete the whole thing, the Trash wouldn't empty because the DMG file was in use, even though I'd ejected the mounted DMG. Is my Mac just having a bad day?

MacMan4000  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 9, 2004, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by eDave:
Anyone else having trouble w/ the 0.4 download?
Is my Mac just having a bad day?
I hope its just you... Im not having any problems...

eDave
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 9, 2004, 11:00 PM

I re-downloaded it (from Interfacelift this time instead of Macthemes) and this time it worked fine. So who knows? Maybe my system was just getting unstable -- can't remember how long it had been since I re-booted & ran permissions, anyway. I might have been overdue.

Mighty_Mike_T
Dec 29, 2004, 03:51 PM

*gentle bump* Any word on version 0.5?

Oh, and does 0.5 fix the problem where setting iChat to "offline" results in an ugly, boxy non-Avenger-ish grey window?

MacMan4000  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 29, 2004, 05:02 PM

Originally posted by Mighty_Mike_T:
*gentle bump* Any word on version 0.5?

Oh, and does 0.5 fix the problem where setting iChat to "offline" results in an ugly, boxy non-Avenger-ish grey window?
0.5 is coming, very slowly... ok to be honest i worked on it for about a week, then quit for the holidays and haven't done anything with it since. The biggest thing i have done is change the "async arrows" (why is it called that, its not even an arrow). It's that little animation you see in Safari tabs when a page is loading. It's seen a bunch of other places too, but thats the first one that came to mind.

[EDIT] almost forgot about the ichat windows... I have no idea how to fix that other than completely re-do the metal windows without a titlebar... which im not gonna do... sorry

Mike S.
Senior User
Dec 30, 2004, 12:13 AM

The biggest thing i have done is change the "async arrows" (why is it called that, its not even an arrow).
They were a pair of arrows chasing each other in earlier versions of the OS so they likely saw no need to change the name which would probably break any app calling async arrows but then I'm not a developer it just seems logical.

MacMan4000  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2004, 12:27 AM

Originally posted by Mike S.:
They were a pair of arrows chasing each other in earlier versions of the OS so they likely saw no need to change the name which would probably break any app calling async arrows but then I'm not a developer it just seems logical.
Oh yeah. I remember that from OS 9, and maybe 8...

Mike S.
Senior User
Dec 30, 2004, 01:32 AM

They were also in earlier OS X versions, I distinctly remember them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules