Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > T.g.i.f.

T.g.i.f.
macfantn
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2008, 10:37 AM

anyone got big plans this weekend? I may see a movie and drink ungodly amounts of beer.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

Dork.
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2008, 10:41 AM

Ungodly? A the risk of getting this thread exiled to the PL ghetto, I think God can drink you under the table.

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2008, 10:50 AM

I saw the new National Treasure movie last night, and I thought it was better than the first. I want to see the new Aliens vs Predator movie this weekend, but other than that, I might a Jack jack jack jack jack and coke.

dillerX
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2008, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
Ungodly? A the risk of getting this thread exiled to the PL ghetto, I think God can drink you under the table.
God obviously has not met my relatives.
I tried to sig-spam the forums.
ADVANTAGE Motorsports Marketing, Inc. • speedXdesign, Inc.

macfantn  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2008, 11:44 AM

i may see walk hard, or juno (anything with george michael is funny)
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

macfantn  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2008, 11:45 AM

btw i did have a friend in college from denmark little guy about 5'8 and thin, he held the dorm record 35 beers in one day.

DKeithA
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 11, 2008, 11:54 AM

I think this is a gin and vodka weekend. Separate drinks, of course. Damn, this was been the longest week I can remember. TGIF!

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2008, 12:08 PM

Absolutely no plans other then shuttling my kids around but then that's SOP for me these days.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 11, 2008, 12:20 PM

Gotta catch up on work this weekend, because this past week was my weekend.
I would like to see a movie though, maybe that Will Smith film.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

Jens Peter
Senior User
Jan 11, 2008, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by macfantn View Post
btw i did have a friend in college from denmark little guy about 5'8 and thin, he held the dorm record 35 beers in one day.
Ahh, this makes me proud!

[opens another beer]

MacinTommy
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2008, 12:58 PM

Today I'm anti-Friday because I have to work tomorrow.. So no partying until tomorrow night which my friend is having a one-year house warming anniversary.... So I'm ditching beer (which is rare) and going with vodka and redbull. So it should be a good night..... but about the next morning.....

dustrho
Forum Regular
Jan 11, 2008, 02:00 PM

I have to work from home tonight and tomorrow night, as I will be patching servers running Windows Server 2003. I work 50+ hours between Monday and Friday, and then I add an additional 10 hours to that as weekend work. I'm such a happy camper (not!).

Other than that, I don't have any big plans for the weekend. Oh yeah... watching lots of NFL playoff action. Hoping for the game situations:

- Jags over Pats
- Chargers over Colts
- Seahawks over Packers
- Cowboys over Giants

Chris Rhoads / Forum Admin & Webmaster of Sandtroopers.com

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2008, 04:31 PM

Jags over Pats? Hey man, pass the blunt my way!

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2008, 05:01 PM

- Jags over Pats
Someone has started the weekend partying early!

vexborg
Senior User
Jan 11, 2008, 05:12 PM

Well, he is Danish - we tend to drink the most in Europe, so we know how to hold our drinks in...
The gene pool needs cleaning - I'll be the chlorine.

iranfromthezoo
Senior User
Jan 11, 2008, 05:41 PM

I get to work and hope the chargers come out with a W.

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2008, 05:54 PM

I plan on going to the local beer dive this evening to make my football picks. Any advice on Over/Under is appreciated. Gonna watch the first National Treasure again Saturday afternoon since my roomie never saw it and wants to see the second. Saturday night is of course THE game. Out of the local crew, 2 out of 12 want the Pats to win. (Guess my choice.) Sunday is homework.

Counting down to beer number one in 4 and 1/2 minutes....

WhaMe
Forum Regular
Jan 11, 2008, 06:31 PM

Partying with some friends tonight.

I need it...this has felt like the longest week of the year.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jens Peter View Post
Ahh, this makes me proud!

[opens another beer]
Originally Posted by vexborg View Post
Well, he is Danish - we tend to drink the most in Europe, so we know how to hold our drinks in...
See that? You mention Denmark and alcohol in the same post, and immediately 100 per cent of the Danish population at MacNN comes crawling out of the woodwork.

We’re so predictable.

(Vex: That’s only true for the demographic group of 15–20-year-olds, not for the population as a whole)

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jan 11, 2008, 06:58 PM

This was a hard week. I started lifting regularly, and boy, it's been hard.

I hope Seahawks beat the crap out of the Packers. GO SEAHAWKS!

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2008, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
This was a hard week. I started lifting regularly, and boy, it's been hard.

Keep at it son! You'll be happy with it later.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jan 11, 2008, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by KeriVit View Post
Keep at it son! You'll be happy with it later.
Yeah. I've been lifting sporadically over the last year, but I decided I'd actually keep an New Years resolution this time

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 11, 2008, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by dustrho View Post
- Jags over Pats
- Chargers over Colts
I want what you're having, sounds like some strong stuff!
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

dustrho
Forum Regular
Jan 11, 2008, 07:51 PM

You guys all think I'm smoking the good stuff, but lets just see what happens this weekend. You just might be surprised to how ends up victorious. All I know is that I desperately want the Packers to lose!

Chris Rhoads / Forum Admin & Webmaster of Sandtroopers.com

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 11, 2008, 08:12 PM

As much as I'd love to see an all Manning Super Bowl, or Peyton vs. Brett, I think your NFC choices are pretty accurate. Otherwise, now that all of the Indy receivers are healthy, I can't see the Chargers overcoming the Colts' offense.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

iranfromthezoo
Senior User
Jan 11, 2008, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
As much as I'd love to see an all Manning Super Bowl, or Peyton vs. Brett, I think your NFC choices are pretty accurate. Otherwise, now that all of the Indy receivers are healthy, I can't see the Chargers overcoming the Colts' offense.
yeah but no one knew Appalachian State would beat Michigan...or Rudy would Actually get to play in a game but they did! let us dream in a miracle of the Chargers finally going all the way. I`ve been a fan since 1998..I think I deserve this dream.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jan 11, 2008, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by iranfromthezoo View Post
yeah but no one knew Appalachian State would beat Michigan...or Rudy would Actually get to play in a game but they did! let us dream in a miracle of the Chargers finally going all the way. I`ve been a fan since 1998..I think I deserve this dream.
I've been a Seahawks fan since 1991, and didn't get to see my team in the 'Bowl until two years ago, so you might have a while longer to wait

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 11, 2008, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by iranfromthezoo View Post
I'm just sayin', even with Peyton playing the worst game of his life and over half the Indy play makers out with injuries, the Chargers had to pray for a miracle (Vinatieri missing a 29 yd field goal) to beat the Colts back in November.

There's always a chance that lightning can strike twice, a little pun there, but I wouldn't bet on it.
- Thomas Paine

abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2008, 09:27 PM

one day? that doesn't seem hard at all. 8 hours sleep = 16 hours awake. that's only a little more than 2 beers an hour. that is easily doable if you're drinking all day. now, if he drank 35 in the span of a night (~8pm-3am) then I give him a thumbs up.

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 11, 2008, 09:47 PM

This is the first weekend since the semester started, so I'm working on a "plan" for the one course that's met so far. My wife is working 12 hour shifts on both Saturday and Sunday, so I'm obviously not gonna "hit the town" by any means. I'll probably do some housework and maybe watch some of the DVDs I got for Christmas. Wee. Oh, I get to make dinner both days, so we'll have something interesting (which may include beer).

Note: when my dad was stationed in Europe in the early 1950s he had appendicitis and since his unit was at a very remote site in Denmark, they took him to a Danish military hospital. He has a very neat scar (smaller and cleaner than what an American surgeon would have left at that time), and a cool story. Meals at the hospital included beer (good, Danish beer, of course), and the guy in the next bed didn't want his. Dad got plenty of beer (yum!) and was not too upset when they told him he needed an extra couple of days there to make sure he didn't have an infection. Poor dad!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules