Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.3.6 and Safari

10.3.6 and Safari
AlbanianGenome
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 7, 2004, 07:38 PM

well I updated to 10.3.6, but when I check my safari version it says 1.2(v125), is this the updated safari? I don't believe it is, and if so I don't know whats going on here. So I threw it out, and then redownloaded from apples site, still the same version. Ran software update, and it found no updates for it. Any else running into this problem and if so how did you fix it. Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

SMacTech
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2004, 07:48 PM

Was Safari in its default location, inside Applications? Current version is 1.2.4 (v125.11)

himself
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2004, 07:53 PM

Try downloading the combo or combined updater and running that. It should catch anything the update may have missed. Also, to be thorough, repair permissions and then remove any external devices and restart before you run the update.
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

AlbanianGenome  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 7, 2004, 07:54 PM

yes it was, but it didnt update it, at the same rate, you should be able to download the updated version on their webpage no? Doesn't make any sense to me. Any noticiable changes in the updated version. For example I was having problems when clicking on links on a webpage and having it load in the page it opens in, saying it couldnt connect, but then when you hit return again it loaded fine? Anyone experience that?

speedraycer
Nov 7, 2004, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by AlbanianGenome:
yes it was, but it didnt update it, at the same rate, you should be able to download the updated version on their webpage no? Doesn't make any sense to me. Any noticiable changes in the updated version. For example I was having problems when clicking on links on a webpage and having it load in the page it opens in, saying it couldnt connect, but then when you hit return again it loaded fine? Anyone experience that?
I have the exact same problem and its driving me nuts, btw. I'll keep my eye peeled for a solution. FWIW, I restarted my cable modem, restarted the base station, and restarted my computer. I also ran Onyx to clean caches and still have this problem.

I dunno...

AlbanianGenome  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 7, 2004, 11:45 PM

I see one solution to this matter speedraycer, reintialize and reinstall OS X, I am going to do it because it feels as if my whole system is broken now.

AlbanianGenome  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 8, 2004, 03:00 PM

+1

AlbanianGenome  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 9, 2004, 07:43 AM

well i reinstalled and everything is fine now, still a weird one if you ask me.

Person Man
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2004, 11:52 AM

Originally posted by AlbanianGenome:
yes it was, but it didnt update it, at the same rate, you should be able to download the updated version on their webpage no?
No. The latest version you can get from the Safari web page is 1.2. Not 1.2.4.

Forum Links
Forum Rules