Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Warren Commission Report on JFK

View Poll Results: Did the Warren Commission get it right?
Poll Options:
Yeah, Oswald acted alone 4 votes (23.53%)
Nah, there were other forces involved 6 votes (35.29%)
I'm not sure 7 votes (41.18%)
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll
Warren Commission Report on JFK
placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 17, 2004, 01:01 PM

What do you think? Did they get it right? Did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone in the asssasination of President Kennedy?

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 17, 2004, 01:41 PM

Everything I've always seen showed it as definately more than one shooter, but the Warren commission had a pride issue at stake, and wouldn't let a correction take place.

His head moved in the wrong direction when he was shot.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 17, 2004, 02:20 PM

Bush and Cheney killed him.

fiesta cat
Forum Regular
Jun 17, 2004, 02:32 PM

Not a big fan of government conspiracies, when you get more than a few people involved, it becomes nearly impossible to keep secrets, especially one so big and out in the open.

That said, the angles, firearm, and location of Oswald have always bugged me (as somebody who was in the military and was/is a good shot).

Watching Bubba-Hotep recently, JFK was very sure it was LBJ

zigzag
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 17, 2004, 02:40 PM

We've had this discussion a dozen times but I always enjoy revisiting the topic.

Very few of the people who dismiss the Warren Report have actually read it. They should - they'd see how thorough it really is. Instead, they rely on second hand theories from people who have books and movies to sell (and who, in many cases, haven't bothered to read the Warren Report either, and often concoct things). The conspiracy theories have never even come close to being proven. The Oswald theory is provable, and with every advance in forensic technology, it becomes moreso.

This isn't to say that the Warren Report was perfect or that some questions didn't remain unanswered - no investigation, especially one on such a scale, is perfect. But if you actually read the Warren Report, you'll find that most of the important questions were answered in detail. Ironically, Oswald's real story is more interesting than any of the conspiracy theories.

The conspiracy theories are a lot like the O.J. Simpson defense - if you ignore the weight of the known evidence and speculate as to what might have happened, people who are predisposed to reject the official version will buy into it. It's more fun. But the overwhelming weight of the evidence points to O.J., and to Oswald acting alone.

placebo1969  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 17, 2004, 03:03 PM

Yes, I've read it. My mom bought it from the Government Printing Office right when it came out. I tend to side with the Commission rather than most of the other theories.

However, I have another reason for the question. Now that the 9/11 Commission has made statements about al Quida, there continues to be debate.

My question: For those who don't believe the Warren Commission's conclusions, do you agree with the 9/11 Commission. Please on the left are smug, saying "I told you so." People are on the right are dismissive, saying "they were flawed."

So are we back to square one regaring 9/11? Personally, I believe Iraq/Saddam (either or) at a minimum set up an environment for terroism to flourish. But I don't think the Commission's report will do anything to change anyone's mind.

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 17, 2004, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Bush and Cheney killed him.
So thats where bush went when he went AWOL in Alabama
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

Forum Links
Forum Rules