Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > When do they start selling girl scout cookies again?

When do they start selling girl scout cookies again?
iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2005, 04:14 PM

I finally broke. I bought 12 boxes of thin mints to last me till next year, 1 box a month. But I ate most of them in the first few months and had been saving the last box. I got a huge craving for them a bit ago and dug into the last box. Now I only have the 1 tiny, little bag left till next season.

How long do I have to make this last bag last? Until January or February? That's going to be rough.
Anybody have some spare boxes they wouldn't mind selling?

jcadam
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2005, 04:22 PM

Thin mints suck. But those round (with a hole in the center) coconut-fudge things absolutely rock.
Caffeinated Rhino Software -- Education and Training management software

iLikebeer  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2005, 04:37 PM

Blasphemer, there's nothing like a frozen Thin Mint to satisfy a sweet tooth.

{PHOTON}Mazz1020
Forum Regular
Oct 7, 2005, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by jcadam
Thin mints suck. But those round (with a hole in the center) coconut-fudge things absolutely rock.
yea the samoas ROCK there really good frozen on a hot day too
Strangers have the best candy

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2005, 07:49 PM

Samoas microwaved for just a few seconds on a winters day with a nice cup of coffee... heaven!

Thin mints are great as well, frozen. Tagalongs are tasty... suddenly I'm craving Girl Scout Cookies dammit!
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2005, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by iLikebeer
I finally broke. I bought 12 boxes of thin mints to last me till next year, 1 box a month. But I ate most of them in the first few months and had been saving the last box. I got a huge craving for them a bit ago and dug into the last box. Now I only have the 1 tiny, little bag left till next season.

How long do I have to make this last bag last? Until January or February? That's going to be rough.
Anybody have some spare boxes they wouldn't mind selling?

My recommendation is to go with Keebler "Grasshoppers". They are a reasonably close approximation, and sell $.50 - $.75 less. I think it's because Elves are inherently smaller than girlscouts and wages are less.

2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2005, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by SirCastor
My recommendation is to go with Keebler "Grasshoppers". They are a reasonably close approximation, and sell $.50 - $.75 less. I think it's because Elves are inherently smaller than girlscouts and wages are less.

Wisdom of Buddy Elf's father: "You can bake cookies in a tree. As you can imagine, it's, uh, dangerous having an oven in an oak tree during the dry season."
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Forum Links
Forum Rules