Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > .Mac endless sync

.Mac endless sync
chasg
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 10, 2007, 09:17 AM

Hi All,

I'm using .Mac to sync various things among my Macs, including the signatures in Mail. Apologies if this is the incorrect forum.

The machines involved are:
MacBook Pro running 10.5.1
G5 tower running 10.4.11

I've added a signature in Mail (it's the only one), and .Mac keeps sync'ing it from one machine to the next, over and over: one machine has a message about a signature being changed and I choose to sync, then the other does the same thing.

Any suggestions? Endless loops frustrate me endlessly.

Chas

DarkStarRed
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 20, 2007, 03:55 AM

Hummm, no-one answered after ten day's. Chas did you solve your problem? Was it a bandwidth connection or router set-up?
Anyway I would suggest contacting Apple Support Apple - Support - .Mac and Leopard
If your still having trouble! I can't answer your question since I don't sync between Mac's "only have 1 Mac" Do you sync each Mac's data before trying to sync between them?

DarkStarRed
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 20, 2007, 04:06 AM

Not wanting to hi-jack your thread, but has anyone else noticed the .Mac "using Safari 3" was able to synchronize junk-mail behaviors. Without having to open Mail app to get junk-mail recognized! Also having to open .Mac to read mail before opening Mail-app or Mail-app just hangs trying to read unread mail.

I remember this was fixed for a day or two in August but reverted back to the procedure above for reading mail.
Let's just hope it's finally fixed for good!

chasg  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 21, 2007, 01:40 PM

Hi DSR, thanks for your reply.

The problem has toned down (mostly, now I only have the occasional keychain sync loop). To solve the problem, I deleted all signatures on in all copies of Mail, and then put in a new signature in only one copy of Mail. It then sync'ed fine.

I'm pretty sure that it was not network related.

I haven't really looked at sync'ing junk mail behaviours, but that's a pretty cool concept (and very helpful). As for the Mail hanging issue, it hasn't affected me, so I'm afraid I can't comment.

Cheers!

Chas

ooninay
Dec 21, 2007, 11:18 PM

My mail account settings sometimes sync back and forth about a half dozen times or so between my two macs (both running leopard). But it has stopped for now so I'm not looking into it any more. Just adding this as a kind of paper trail.

Forum Links
Forum Rules