Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > MacNN gun owners?

MacNN gun owners? (Page 2)
Railroader
Banned
Sep 14, 2010, 09:21 PM

True Storyâ„¢: I was over a friend's house who was showing me his competition rifles and handguns. He goes a couple times a month to competitions and usually places at the top or near the top.

Anyway, early this summer he set up a couple reactive targets and was showing me his various guns and having me try shooting them. As I shot and hitting the targets with each rifle he'd give a little "hmmmph". Then he pulled out the hand guns and had me shoot them with a little "hmmph" after I fired each one and hit the target. I didn't think we weren't that far away from the target and said this was pretty easy. His reply was, "yeah, you sure are making it look that way". So then he took me about 25-30 yards back from our shooting point and told me to try hitting the smallest target again. After aiming for about 20 seconds I said "Man, now this is hard, I am all over the place and can't center the target". He said "Take a deep breath, let it out slowly, and towards the end fire the shot." So I did it and hit the smallest target. He gave a "GUFFAW!!! Give me that thing!", and proceeded to shoot about ten rounds missing every shot. He then said "I don't want to talk about it" and started putting his stuff away. I left shortly after that. A couple days later he shows up at my house and says that he is going to take me across the country and we are going to win every national shooting contest we enter. He's pretty excited about all this. He's got it all set up, he's going to buy beat up stocks, hide the better parts of the rifles and use me as a ringer for shooting competitions.

Unfortunately we both have become super busy and I haven't shot since. He hasn't even been able to go to a competition all summer. And because of my job I can't have a firearm of any kind in the house.

The only reason I can think that I did so well is because of photography and using a 200mm lens with a 2x convertor on a 1.6 crop factor DSLR body. Essentially I have been handhold shooting a 640mm lens. I guess that'll create steady hands.

finboy
Sep 14, 2010, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
The only reason I can think that I did so well is because of photography and using a 200mm lens with a 2x convertor on a 1.6 crop factor DSLR body. Essentially I have been handhold shooting a 640mm lens. I guess that'll create steady hands.
Yep, that'll do it. Same type of training necessary to take those "long" shots. I used to have a rifle stock with a mount around here somewhere, for the BIG lenses. The only way to get good shots, either way.

I have a buddy who can shoot all of my guns better than I can. And I've done that to some folks over the years. But this guy is uncanny. He just throws my semi-auto AK up and bangs away at the X-ring. I can't hit spit with it.

iranfromthezoo
Senior User
Sep 17, 2010, 12:42 AM

Sig Saur 229 .40 S&W
Glock 27 .40 S&W
12 G Double Barrell
AR 15 fully automatic (SWAT MEDIC)
.22 rifle for the snakes.

keyser_soze
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 19, 2010, 12:08 AM

I drink your milkshake.

Ok posters time to let them have it. MacNN Staff It's our duty to let MacNN know we hate intelliTXT!

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 19, 2010, 10:33 AM

Keyser, who's the manufacturer? It's not an Armalite or a Barret...but the picture is, to say the least, "indistinct."

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

keyser_soze
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 19, 2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Keyser, who's the manufacturer? It's not an Armalite or a Barret...but the picture is, to say the least, "indistinct."
I'm not sure. A guy I worked with got it from a client as payment for some legal work he did. He said it was an AR-50. I just assumed it was an Armalite. It's a single shot .50 cal bolt action rifle, if that helps.

I posted that because it's the only picture I have with guns that doesn't show my face. It was literally a blast to shoot that thing. That's my "terrorist" or "Red Dawn" picture.

Ok posters time to let them have it. MacNN Staff It's our duty to let MacNN know we hate intelliTXT!

Forum Links
Forum Rules