Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 15" is about to ship!

15" is about to ship!
hadocon
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2003, 04:36 PM

I ordered a BTO 1.25 15" with AE, BT, 5400rpm and EL keyboard through the Canadian ADC store. It was supposed to arrive on October 30th, but of course it was pushed back to on or before November 24th. I have been checking my online status page and it has yet to change from "open" status. Seeing this again today I called Apple to ask if I should be expecting more delays. The rep had good news for me as he said that my Powerbook is on the shipping dock and should be sent out within the next 12 hours!

From what I have been hearing about the screens being replaced with an LG part - I am confident that I won't have any w**** s****. Of course I will sacrifice something tonight to ensure that I dont have any dead pixels.

Anyone else receive good news about their 15" today?
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

jendmb34
Nov 19, 2003, 05:33 PM

haven't received good news on mine, unfortunately. i was holding out hope that maybe i'd receive good news today, on my birthday. not quite- still open status, shipping on or before 12/4.

machem
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2003, 06:21 PM

Mine is shipping. Stated "On or before 12/2" up until now.

1.25GHz SD 4200RPM 512M.
1.25GHz 1024M SD 15" AlBook

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2003, 07:08 PM

That is good news! Both mine and my wife's says "On or before 12/4"! Waiting patiently!

zpaine
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2003, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by TribeLeader:
That is good news! Both mine and my wife's says "On or before 12/4"! Waiting patiently!
Yeah, that is my ship date as well. I can only (perhaps foolishly) assume that if they are shipping 12/2 orders, that they may be shipping 12/4 soon. Does this mean that Apple is close to filling all of the backorders? Does anyone have ship dates much later than 12/4?

rephlex00
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2003, 11:50 PM

Bleh, my 11/26 hasn't shipped yet.

nagromme
Senior User
Nov 20, 2003, 03:38 AM

11/26 here too. But from MacConnection, not Apple. Any chance of reseller orders moving up too?
nagromme

rephlex00
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2003, 11:30 AM

Well nag, we'll see who gets theirs first. Mine is BTO from apple.com.

rephlex00
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2003, 11:57 AM

Yep, just got the email. It shipped today at 10:31.

seabassttu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2003, 12:24 PM

I ordered mine (15" 1.0 APE BT 512) on 10/21 and i received it on Tuesday with Panther pre-installed.

Good Luck!

hadocon  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 20, 2003, 12:49 PM

Tracking is cool. I can see that my Powerbook just left TAOYUAN CITY TW_@ 11:56am - should be here by Monday morning!
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

rephlex00
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2003, 01:30 PM

Haha yeah, we're apple shipping buddies. Mine was shipped not too long before yours.

zpaine
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2003, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by rephlex00:
Well nag, we'll see who gets theirs first. Mine is BTO from apple.com.
Did it ship after you nagged them? I was considering a very polite nagging (if the ship date gets pushed back I'll be at a different address, can you tell me for sure when it will ship - which is true), but changed my mind after being on hold for a long time.

I want my PowerBook!

rephlex00
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2003, 10:02 PM

nope, didn't nag them, was just refering to the other guy in the thread thats name started with nag. :-p Just be patient and look at a lot of pictures. That's what I did.

hadocon  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2003, 12:41 AM

It's in Alaska now... I can almost feel it now that we are on the same continent.

jendmb34
Nov 21, 2003, 08:42 AM

HOLY $(*%$

my first mac shipped today!!!

on or before 12/4 was what it's been saying all along.

YES!

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2003, 11:36 AM

Both mine and my wife's says "On or before 12/4"! Waiting patiently!
Both of ours shipped today! They were separate educational orders, too. Awesome � these will be our first Macs!

ntalbott
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2003, 11:47 AM

I am in awe... I have a tracking number! I ordered on 10/30, and my PB was due to ship "on or before" 12/22, and I got my tracking number this morning. I'd say that's "before".

Due to arrive Tuesday!

Now I have to try to get a lot of work done between now and then so I have plenty of time to set it up and play with it once it arrives.

Nathaniel

zpaine
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2003, 04:57 PM

My PB shipped today. My ship date was 12/4 and now it is making its way out of Taiwan.

Must.. contain.. excitement.

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2003, 10:57 PM

Okay, my PB has "Arrived at FedEx Ramp" in Taiwan. How long will it take to get to Pennsylvania? I got the standard (free) shipping.

I'm not impatient or anything, especially since it shipped 13 days early; I'm just curious. Of course, I'll be checking the status occasionally to find out where it is!

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2003, 11:03 PM

And I just checked the status of my wife's PB � it arrived at the FedEx ramp 13 minutes before mine. Hopefully they get here at the same time!

rfxs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 22, 2003, 12:58 AM

yeah folks. just found out today my 15pb shipped a good month before it said even with the 5400rpm drive. Gives me some faith that it won't be all f'd up. I will be sure to tell you whether I have a perfect functioning notebook or whether I will have to bash heads in the apple service dept.

rfxs

machem
Forum Regular
Nov 22, 2003, 12:59 AM

Okay, my PB has "Arrived at FedEx Ramp" in Taiwan. How long will it take to get to Pennsylvania? I got the standard (free) shipping.

I'm not impatient or anything, especially since it shipped 13 days early; I'm just curious. Of course, I'll be checking the status occasionally to find out where it is!
Liar. I'm the first one to admit I'm impatient. Totally, completely, annoyingly impatient.

It should be to you in two more business days (Tuesday?). Mine was in Indianapolis this evening, and is in Oakland now. Was two days ahead of yours.

Remember, that right now is tomorrow in Taiwan, so the 21st in Taiwan is the 20th here. It arrived in AK before it left TW:

Code:
Nov 20, 2003 8:07 pm Left FedEx Ramp C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW 2:40 pm Left FedEx Sort Facility ANCHORAGE AK Nov 19, 2003 9:25 pm C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW
HTH
( Last edited by machem; Nov 22, 2003 at 02:03 AM. )
1.25GHz 1024M SD 15" AlBook

hadocon  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2003, 01:17 PM

Mine's in Memphis now. I wonder why they shipped it from Anchorage to Memphis, when shipping to Toronto or Montreal would have been faster - anyone know why many of our packages are going to Memphis?

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2003, 09:13 PM

Those of you, whose PBs shipped one or around Friday, what's your tracking details? Mine and my wife's are *still* at the Airport in Taiwan. I don't mind the wait (especially since it was shipped 13 days early) but the wait is easier if it's moving.

hadocon  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2003, 09:27 PM

Sometimes it takes a while for the tracking page to update. I have had updates added to the page hours after an actual ship or reception...

Casper Crane
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 23, 2003, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by hadocon:
Mine's in Memphis now. I wonder why they shipped it from Anchorage to Memphis, when shipping to Toronto or Montreal would have been faster - anyone know why many of our packages are going to Memphis?

Memphis is the FedEx hub. Pretty much everything goes through there.

anaphora68
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 24, 2003, 12:36 AM

Fedex operates out of Memphis. If you're sending something to your neighbor it still goes through memphis. They do it to cut down on costs, at least as far as I know.

hadocon  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 24, 2003, 12:29 PM

This sux. FedEx estimates that I will receive delivery before 12 noon on the 24th (today). It is 11:27am and the FedEx shipping info page still says it is still in Memphis - I know that it takes a while to update the page, but it has been stuck on Nov 22 Arrival Memphis for days!

Bitch, moan and whine...

hadocon  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 24, 2003, 01:07 PM

OK the page just updated and it has now left Winnipeg. At first I thought WTF Winnipeg? I am in Kingston!... After a short call I found out that all Apple products coming into Canada go to Winnipeg to be cleared through customs and then routed to final destination. I was told that I will receive my Powerbook tomorrow.

Just. One. More. Day!

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2003, 07:59 PM

FedEx estimates that I will receive delivery before 12 noon on the 24th (today). It is 11:27am and the FedEx shipping info page still says it is still in Memphis - I know that it takes a while to update the page, but it has been stuck on Nov 22 Arrival Memphis for days!
Where do you find out the estimated delivery time? Ours' seem to be stuck in Tiawan! (Or at least, they've left the FedEx ramp there.) Thursday is a holiday here (Thanksgiving), so I'd like to get it by Wednesday so I can play it with on my time off! Still hoping.

hadocon  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 24, 2003, 08:48 PM

Where do you find out the estimated delivery time? Ours' seem to be stuck in Tiawan! (Or at least, they've left the FedEx ramp there.) Thursday is a holiday here (Thanksgiving), so I'd like to get it by Wednesday so I can play it with on my time off! Still hoping.
If you go to your tracking page it is in bold directly under the large purple banner.

P.S. Don't get your hopes up too high TribeLeader, I doubt it will be there before US Thanksgiving. I ordered 2 day shipping from Apple and it will have taken 4 days excluding first and last days (counting Thurs, Fri, Sat, Mon). Beleive me, I feel your pain... By the wqay, when did you order? I ordered Octover 16th. All said it has taken 6 weeks to get my Powerbook.
( Last edited by hadocon; Nov 24, 2003 at 08:54 PM. )

(",)PB12
Nov 24, 2003, 09:09 PM

If you go to your tracking page it is in bold directly under the large purple banner.

P.S. Don't get your hopes up too high TribeLeader, I doubt it will be there before US Thanksgiving. I ordered 2 day shipping from Apple and it will have taken 4 days excluding first and last days (counting Thurs, Fri, Sat, Mon). Beleive me, I feel your pain... By the wqay, when did you order? I ordered Octover 16th. All said it has taken 6 weeks to get my Powerbook.
good for you guys......damn i ordered on Sept 23

(",)PB12
Nov 24, 2003, 09:16 PM

do any of you guys know if orders made outside of Apple online store will have almost the same ship date?
Seriously i'm dead tired of waitng for my powerbook for more than 8 weeks....the excitement has turned stale and now its just pure agony.

jendmb34
Nov 24, 2003, 09:16 PM

i'm in your exact same situation. my hopes are dwindling that it will make it from taiwan (left ramp at 8pm taiwan time today) to philly by tomorrow before 10:30am!!

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2003, 10:19 PM

Originally posted by jendmb34:
i'm in your exact same situation. my hopes are dwindling that it will make it from taiwan (left ramp at 8pm taiwan time today) to philly by tomorrow before 10:30am!!
You're right � we are in the same situation. I'm in central PA; my PB also left Taiwan at 8:06 pm today.

jendmb34
Nov 24, 2003, 10:27 PM

You're right � we are in the same situation. I'm in central PA; my PB also left Taiwan at 8:06 pm today.
8:06 here as well. our powerbooks are shipping buddies.

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2003, 10:29 PM

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, my page does not include the "estimated delivery date." I guess I'll continue to keep an eye on it.

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2003, 10:37 PM

By the wqay, when did you order? I ordered Octover 16th. All said it has taken 6 weeks to get my Powerbook. [/B]
I ordered 11/12, and it shipped on 11/21, so I certainly have nothing to complain about, and if it wasn't for the Thanksgiving holiday, I'd probably be a little more patient.

hadocon  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 24, 2003, 11:47 PM

Anyone want me to post pics of my PB when it arrives tomorrow? I suppose if there is enough noise I could photo the whole "open box" experience - but if it is not worth it to anyone I will skip it and spend the time installing my shiat.

jendmb34
Nov 25, 2003, 07:52 AM

ahhh. still in taiwan. it's been there for 4 days.

Nov 25, 2003 11:30 am Package status C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW

Nov 24, 2003 8:06 pm Left FedEx Ramp C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW

Nov 23, 2003 2:21 pm Package status C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW

Nov 22, 2003 9:47 pm Package status C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW

12:10 am Arrived at FedEx Ramp TA YUAN HSIANG TW

Nov 21, 2003 6:20 pm Left FedEx Origin Location TAOYUAN CITY TW

6:00 pm Pickup status TAOYUAN CITY TW Package received after FedEx cutoff time

hadocon  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2003, 10:54 AM

Mine left Mississauga this morning @ 8:14. Only takes about 2.5 hours to get to Kingston from there, so hooray for me!

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 25, 2003, 11:19 AM

Mine left Mississauga this morning @ 8:14. Only takes about 2.5 hours to get to Kingston from there, so hooray for me!
Hooray for you!

Bad news for my wife and I ... and for jenbmb34. Our PBs are stuck in Taiwan! Will they *ever* leave Taiwan?

BTW, jenbmb, what shipping did you select? I chose the free, standard shipping.

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 25, 2003, 11:44 AM

BTW, hadacon, could you post your tracking details. I'm curious to see what it *may* look like if/when it leaves Taiwan.

jendmb34
Nov 25, 2003, 12:03 PM

BTW, jenbmb, what shipping did you select? I chose the free, standard shipping.
same here.

zpaine
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 25, 2003, 12:42 PM

Mine has been in Taiwan for a couple days as well. I called FedEx and they told me that it was waiting to clear customs, and could not give me an estimated time for delivery. A friend of mine had his sit in customs for a week before it was cleared to ship.

I'm going out of town for the holiday, so I won't see my new PowerBook until next week.

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 25, 2003, 02:04 PM

Originally posted by zpaine:
Mine has been in Taiwan for a couple days as well. I called FedEx and they told me that it was waiting to clear customs, and could not give me an estimated time for delivery. A friend of mine had his sit in customs for a week before it was cleared to ship.
I suppose that explains it. Thanks for the info.

hadocon  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2003, 02:56 PM

It's here...

TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 25, 2003, 03:03 PM

It's here...
Woohoo! Can't wait till mine comes!

jendmb34
Nov 25, 2003, 03:27 PM

Originally posted by zpaine:

I'm going out of town for the holiday, so I won't see my new PowerBook until next week.
I just spoke with FedEx, and they told me a different story. I told them my package is in Taiwan and it was due in Pennsylvania 4 hours ago. They said that there were maintenance problems on the aircraft, so that has delayed it. Delayed it? A maintenance problem with ***1 plane*** has made it sit in Taiwan for 4 days? I'm not buying that, but I didn't feel like fighting. It will get here soon enough. Hopefully the package is still in good shape

Forum Links
Forum Rules