Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Small rant about Matrix Revolutions...

Small rant about Matrix Revolutions...
iCol
Senior User
Nov 6, 2003, 02:46 PM

Myself and a few friends went to see the Matrix Revolutions movie last night, and I can say we all enoyed it for what it was...

However, one of my friends is epileptic and we saw no warnings about any of the effects used in the movie before it started... However, some scenes I had to cover her eyes with my hand, such as the scene where Neo fights Agent Smith in the ship with Trin (!) locked in the fuse room... the amount of flashing was enough that it could have easily set something off... Also, the scenes when the machines are breaking through the dock, the gunfire also had another frequently flashing effect.

Now, I know this is all part of the film, and we don't regret them being there, its just the fact that there were no warnings before the show started...

Anyone else have any similar problems with the movie?
F is for Fooyork.

bobette
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2003, 02:50 PM

Originally posted by iCol:
Myself and a few friends went to see the Matrix Revolutions movie last night, and I can say we all enoyed it for what it was...

However, one of my friends is epileptic and we saw no warnings about any of the effects used in the movie before it started... However, some scenes I had to cover her eyes with my hand, such as the scene where Neo fights Agent Smith in the ship with Trin (!) locked in the fuse room... the amount of flashing was enough that it could have easily set something off... Also, the scenes when the machines are breaking through the dock, the gunfire also had another frequently flashing effect.

Now, I know this is all part of the film, and we don't regret them being there, its just the fact that there were no warnings before the show started...

Anyone else have any similar problems with the movie?
Haven't seen it yet, but it sucks that they didn't mention it beforehand. Did you file a complaint with the movie theater?
this lounge is a poor substitute to the bbq.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Nov 6, 2003, 02:58 PM

I am more worried that the stupid storyline will cause me to start convulsing and I don't have epilepsy.

"Hello, what have we here?

bobette
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2003, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by Landos Mustache:
I am more worried that the stupid storyline will cause me to start convulsing and I don't have epilepsy.
LOL

Good one...
this lounge is a poor substitute to the bbq.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2003, 04:40 PM

If you can sit through Episode 1 & 2 then you should be able to stomach Revolutions.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2003, 06:36 PM

Originally posted by Stogieman:
If you can sit through Episode 1 & 2 then you should be able to stomach Revolutions.
When did I said I like those movies? I remember saying Ep1 was probably one of the worst movies ever. Not quite twitch educing bad, but horrible none the less.

iCol, really, what were you expecting this movie to have? Sunshine and rainbows?

THE MAC GOD
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2003, 06:59 PM

Leave it to landos to bring up something unrelated whatsoever to the topic at hand. Hugo Weaving actually struggles from epilepsy... must have been tough for him as well!

All as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as Love.

benb
Nov 6, 2003, 07:56 PM

When did I said I like those movies? I remember saying Ep1 was probably one of the worst movies ever. Not quite twitch educing bad, but horrible none the less.

iCol, really, what were you expecting this movie to have? Sunshine and rainbows?
I bet no one expects a fight scene in a room lit by strobe lights moron.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2003, 08:08 PM

Originally posted by benb:
I bet no one expects a fight scene in a room lit by strobe lights moron.
Ya, like they show in the previews all those machine guns, the fight during a THUNDERSTORM and computer generated images NONE of which say flashing lights.

Moron.

P.s. can you mention ANY movie that has a warning before it or are you just singling this one out for some reason?

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2003, 08:09 PM

Originally posted by THE MAC GOD:
Leave it to landos to bring up something unrelated whatsoever to the topic at hand. Hugo Weaving actually struggles from epilepsy... must have been tough for him as well!
Leave it to the Mac God (aka Matrix fanboy) to attack me to make the Matrix sequels less crappy

benb
Nov 6, 2003, 08:16 PM

Leave it to the Mac God (aka Matrix fanboy) to attack me to make the Matrix sequels less crappy
You are a fanboy of pessimism, a fanboy of proclaiming suckiness, and a fanboy of that word. Attack me all you want, but that doesn't make you less crappy.

Oh, and the obligatory .

Arty50
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2003, 08:18 PM

Doesn't the flashing have to occur at a certain rate in order for a seizure to occur? If so, I'd hope they put thought into this. I know fire alarm companies do. The flashing strobes they sell are designed with specific rates so that seizures aren't triggered. I would hope movie studios put the same thought into their films. Especially considering our letigious society.
"My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world:
those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

-Clint in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

Jansar
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2003, 09:53 PM

Originally posted by benb:
You are a fanboy of pessimism, a fanboy of proclaiming suckiness, and a fanboy of that word. Attack me all you want, but that doesn't make you less crappy.

Oh, and the obligatory .
BURN!
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2003, 11:38 PM

I wasn't implying that you liked Episode 1 & 2. I'm just saying if you can sit through the crappy story and dialog of those movies without convulsing then you'll be fine when you see Revolutions.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2003, 11:45 PM

Originally posted by Stogieman:
I wasn't implying that you liked Episode 1 & 2. I'm just saying if you can sit through the crappy story and dialog of those movies without convulsing then you'll be fine when you see Revolutions.
When did I say I didn't convulse? I think I barfed even during ep1.

Forum Links
Forum Rules