Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Sidetrack expired-where`s 1.0?

View Poll Results: Do you use sidetrack?
Poll Options:
Yes 17 votes (77.27%)
No 1 votes (4.55%)
What`s Sidetrack? 4 votes (18.18%)
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll
Sidetrack expired-where`s 1.0?
cszar2001
Photo Architect
Dec 1, 2003, 03:45 AM

Like a lot of you on this board I got Sidetrack for my PB 17. Unfortunately it expired yesterday leaving me speechless-that`s how much I was used to this great app.

Anybody know when 1.0 is going to be available?
"Microsoft is a cross between the Borg and the Ferengi. Unfortunately, they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to do their programming." Simon Slavin

Me on Flickr.

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2003, 03:53 AM

check versiontracker. sidetrack 0.7.1 expires december 30th. you've got a month left.
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

1zero
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 1, 2003, 08:09 AM

Actually version 0.7.2 is out and newer than 0.7.1

Hope 1.0 comes out before Xmas

videian28
Mac Elite
Dec 1, 2003, 10:28 AM

this is a program I cannot do without

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 1, 2003, 11:00 AM

I talked to Alex (the developer). He's working on some fancy new features that will make Sidetrack even better.

Hint: Think about trackpad corners, and how they sort of correspond to screen corners. Now think Expos�.

Chris

Basilisk
Forum Regular
Dec 1, 2003, 02:05 PM

Like a lot of you on this board I got Sidetrack for my PB 17. Unfortunately it expired yesterday leaving me speechless-that`s how much I was used to this great app.
As others have noted, SideTrack 0.7.2 was released Oct. 6. It doesn't expire till Dec. 30.

I'm using beta expriations to force folks to update at appropriate intervals. ST 0.7, for example, contained a serious (kernel panic) bug. I've been frankly surprised that folks are still successfully using 0.7 at all.

Anybody know when 1.0 is going to be available?
Nope, and if I don't know, no one does

As of right now ST 0.8 is being worked on (the driver loaded for the first time just last night). ST 0.8 is nearly a complete rewrite of SideTrack using a bunch of info learned from the public beta. In particular the new code is better threaded and gracefully handles some oddball configurations (Kensington).

Hope 1.0 comes out before Xmas
So did I, but its not going to happen. Right now its possible that 0.8 will be in public beta before XMas, but I can't promise that yet. Should 0.8 not be ready for XMas I'll put out an interim 0.7.4 release in mid-December to extend the current beta period to Feb 30 2004.

Alex

Forum Links
Forum Rules