Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Robo74 Physically threatened me over the internet using PMs

Robo74 Physically threatened me over the internet using PMs
tpssensor68
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 30, 2005, 04:50 PM

Yep. Check it out moderators. Under my last username, voteforpedro68. He sent me a very threatening PM, and mods like you guys should be banning this asshole. If this is a general safe place that allows physical threats, then I'd like to threaten him back since it's so scary when people talk tough over the internet.

I posted a legitimate auction in the marketplace forums. Then that bastard comes back with some sort of attempt of a hate post. Yet another non cool thing for a forum, specially a macnn.com forum.

Is this the type of content you allow and promote for your advertisers and sponsors to see?

Before you warn me about my post, look back and see the point of this forum.

Thanks
Rob

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2005, 05:39 PM

100% pure idiocy.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jan 31, 2005, 05:04 AM

He physically threatened? As opposed to metaphysically? And it was over the Internet? He physically threatened you over the Internet.

Wow! I'm impressed.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

robo74
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 31, 2005, 07:09 AM

Thats funny... he posted part of a post I made. But didnt use the quotes.

Thats too bad.

Rob

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2005, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by Randman:
He physically threatened? As opposed to metaphysically? And it was over the Internet? He physically threatened you over the Internet.

Wow! I'm impressed.
Metaphysically...whoa.....grooooooovaaaayyyyyyyy
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

robo74isdumb
Banned
Location: Complaining about an auction that has over 17000 hits
Feb 1, 2005, 12:42 PM

So mods, are you going to do anything about this? I've been banned for lesser things, and this guy threatened me! PHYSICALLY! I fear for my life, since internet threats are so scary! I can't even leave the house! I must stay inside because of him! He scared me too much! You must ban him!

Randman
Posting Junkie
Feb 1, 2005, 01:02 PM

Originally posted by robo74isdumb:
So mods, are you going to do anything about this? I've been banned for lesser things, and this guy threatened me! PHYSICALLY! I fear for my life, since internet threats are so scary! I can't even leave the house! I must stay inside because of him! He scared me too much! You must ban him!

Captain Egotist
Banned
Feb 15, 2005, 05:43 PM

Robo74 has been bidding on my items on ebay and retracting his bids to screw with my auctions. I would like him banned now.

Captain Egotist
Banned
Feb 15, 2005, 10:23 PM

This post should be bumped up but it doesn't move. Weird.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Feb 15, 2005, 11:00 PM

We can't do anything about what he does on eBay -- you don't have to be logged in to read MacNN forums, so banning him wouldn't do anything for that. If he does anything on MacNN, let us know and we'll respond appropriately.

tooki

Captain Egotist
Banned
Feb 15, 2005, 11:32 PM

Originally posted by tooki:
If he does anything on MacNN, let us know and we'll respond appropriately.

tooki
I did. He was talking about physical violence and threatening me over his PMs. Check my (now banned) account. You guys did nothing about it.

- Rob

Captain Egotist
Banned
Feb 16, 2005, 09:52 PM

I like how tooki asks me to post something that Robo74 did wrong, then when I do post something I'm totally ignored. Let's hear it for MacNN selective moderation!

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 16, 2005, 10:39 PM

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 16, 2005, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by Captain Egotist:
I like how tooki asks me to post something that Robo74 did wrong, then when I do post something I'm totally ignored. Let's hear it for MacNN selective moderation!
and your point is...?
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 17, 2005, 12:31 AM

Originally posted by MacGorilla:
and your point is...?
His only point is to make an ass of himself.

Captain Egotist
Banned
Feb 17, 2005, 01:09 AM

My point is that if I pulled some **** like that I'd get banned. Yet they don't feel like flexing mod nuts on anybody else.

HEY MACGORILLA! QUICK! CLICK ON THESE LINKS BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO ****ING STUPID NOT TOO!

www.sexwithmydeadmom.com

http://www.macgorillalacksanyselfcon...onanything.com

www.deadbabybaseball.com

Moron.

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 17, 2005, 08:33 AM

Moron.
At least you signed that post properly this time instead of "- Rob."

Randman
Posting Junkie
Feb 17, 2005, 08:46 AM

Originally posted by ManOfSteal:
At least you signed that post properly this time instead of "- Rob."

You go Rickey, or MoS.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Feb 17, 2005, 09:22 AM

I did. He was talking about physical violence and threatening me over his PMs. Check my (now banned) account. You guys did nothing about it.

- Rob
This coming from a person who has said to numerous people here that he "wished they would die." Some from house fires, others by being taken into an alley and shot in the face. Rob, get a life. Seriously. Your signature on one of your accounts says "Better than you." Let's take a look at what we know about Rob, shall we?

1) Is asthmatic

2) Takes meds for ADD

3) Is over 24 and has no college degree

4) Has more than likely tried to make love to his car

5) Has a problem constructing sentences without swearing

6) Has insulted and called a person "lazy" for going through a divorce

Rob, seems to me you are not better than anybody. I know this signature is probably trying to make fun of Captain Oblivious since you seem to think that he thinks he is better than everyone. You have dished out personal attacks on people on this board for as long as I can remember - you are only getting what's coming to you. Good, old-fashioned karma. You are quite simply a pathetic, whiney, little bitch who gets off on degrading people , insulting people , and swearing on a Mac internet forum. Period. Pretty sad if you ask me. So, people, I would try to ignore Rob and his ramblings. If you are either not asthmatic, don't have ADD, have a college education, or don't need to swear to get your point across you are already better than Rob. Flame all you want Rob because in ~25 posts I am out of here for good. Just wanted to get that off my chest before I go.

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 17, 2005, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by Mrjinglesusa:
Flame all you want Rob because in ~25 posts I am out of here for good. Just wanted to get that off my chest before I go.
You are retiring?

Captain Egotist
Banned
Feb 17, 2005, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by Mrjinglesusa:
This coming from a person who has said to numerous people here that he "wished they would die." Some from house fires, others by being taken into an alley and shot in the face.
The world would be a better (and more intelligent) place if some stupid people died. Like MacGorilla. I'm not going to threaten him, but if he saw a shiny object in front of a bus and was unable to control himself and jumped in front of said moving bus, I don't think I would get upset about it.

Your signature on one of your accounts says "Better than you."
Duh. This one. Why? It's a parody of Captain Obvious. Hello!? The account name is Captain Egotist! Apparently you're too stupid to realize the sarcasm, but I'll spell it out for you: Captain Obvious is better than everyone. If you have done anything, he has done that 3 times, and done it way cooler/better. He is the self proclaimed coolest person on MacNN, and I was annoyed with his ego, so I made this account.

1) Is asthmatic

2) Takes meds for ADD
What the **** does that have to do with anything? Most people have problems, be it gas, allergies, the inability to not click a link even if the title doesn't interest them.... Just because you lack one of these things doesn't mean your better because you probably have some other issue. Nobody is flawless, and everyone has some medical issue or another. I really don't see what you're getting at with this. Also... I've never had anyone attempt to insult me with Asthma before.... wow. Congrats! A new low!

3) Is over 24 and has no college degree
Actually I AM 24 and I've been accepted into design school. I'll be attendending this august. Since I've already have a few years under my belt I should be out rather quickly.

6) Has insulted and called a person "lazy" for going through a divorce
People who get divorces are ****ing lazy. Relationships require work. Oh yeah, you forgot a few other things asshole, I have pectus excavatum, my skin burns if I don't have a base tan, I can't stand eating tomatoes, I have an allergy to cat dander, and I have a serious problem dealing with stupid ****ing morons like yourself. Do you even realize how many PMs I've gotten wanting me to come BACK to the lounge?!

Your opinion does not equal 'the people's opinion'.

- Ca$h

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Feb 17, 2005, 11:33 AM

I did NOT ask you to post, I said CONTACT us -- that means send an email or PM or AIM. Putting stuff in the feedback forum is not the right place.

tooki

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Feb 17, 2005, 11:37 AM

- Rob
We can't read your PMs. (Well, I suppose I could reset your account password and then log in as you, but that's way too much hassle.)

tooki

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 17, 2005, 12:23 PM

We can't read your PMs. (Well, I suppose I could reset your account password and then log in as you, but that's way too much hassle.)

tooki
actually if you have MySQL Access you can if you know where to look
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 17, 2005, 04:12 PM

The world would be a better (and more intelligent) place if some stupid people died. Like MacGorilla.
Have you seen my baseball?!

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Feb 17, 2005, 04:32 PM

Originally posted by Athens:
actually if you have MySQL Access you can if you know where to look
I suppose I could, if I knew how to do SQL queries, but it's much more practical for me to just have people forward me the offending PMs.

tooki

Person Man
Professional Poster
Feb 18, 2005, 12:02 AM

I suppose I could, if I knew how to do SQL queries, but it's much more practical for me to just have people forward me the offending PMs.

tooki
How can they do that if the account that received the threats is banned such that they can't get in to forward them?

Oh, and Captain Egotist: Where's the 68?

Oh, and Mr. Jinglesusa: I have ADD myself and I'm a physician. NOT a valid attack on ANYONE'S character.

Captain Egotist
Banned
Feb 18, 2005, 12:18 AM

Originally posted by Person Man:
Oh, and Mr. Jinglesusa: I have ADD myself and I'm a physician. NOT a valid attack on ANYONE'S character.
I agree. And attacking me for having asthma?! Wow... just... wow. I might be opinionated, I might lack tact, and I might disagree with someone to the point of calling someone an idiot, but I don't think I've ever gone that low.

Also... the one comment that really irks me is the whole "Rob is 24 and doesn't have a degree"... but it doesn't bother ME because it hurts me... it hurts something else. I know a SHITLOAD of people without degrees who are intelligent people, and bust ass everyday doing all sorts of jobs. I think this type of comment is pretty disgusting actually. I'm not a white collar guy, and I'm not a blue collar guy either... but this type of comment really pisses me off because I hear it from a lot of white collar type acquaintences... OH ****ing moron doesn't have a degree, drinks budweiser etc (And I know I've been guilty of this in the past, but it wasn't because I dislike blue collar guys, it was because whomever I was arguing was pissing me off)... anyway, it's pretty retarded. I think you need to take a day off from your cushy ass office job and go bust some knuckles with a mechanic, learn how a metal press works, and try to use a forklift and lift some heavy ****. You need to appreciate people who don't have a degree... don't get me wrong. Higher education is cool, and I'm giong to school myself this August, but your Jingle's viewpoint of "Oh he doesn't have a degree so I'm better than him" is ****ing stupid and wrong. JIngle's cushy ass job would not EXIST without all these guys, and sure... some of them are dumb. But a lot of them are smart mother****ers who choose to live a differnet lifestyle than mr Officespace over there.

Anyway, I'm sure he'll just have some stupid smartass response, but really... gain some appreciation and respect for people different than yourself.

- Ca$h

Randman
Posting Junkie
Feb 18, 2005, 03:11 AM

See Rob, the problem is your take your passive aggressive tendencies out on this board and your rants really make you sound immature, like 13-year-old immature.

Doesn't it bother you that most people on this board think you're a joke? Not in a being witty manner but a joke. No one takes you seriously and you're the only one to blame for that.
If once in a while, you acted like a responsible adult, you'd likely get more respect. And with more respect, when you actually do have issues, more people are likely to respond in a positive manner.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 18, 2005, 03:12 AM

Originally posted by Person Man:
How can they do that if the account that received the threats is banned such that they can't get in to forward them?

Oh, and Captain Egotist: Where's the 68?

Thats a easy answer, dont do stupid things to get banned in the first place and it wouldnt be a problem.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Captain Egotist
Banned
Feb 18, 2005, 11:57 AM

Doesn't it bother you that most people on this board think you're a joke?
No. Why? I used to care. I used to spend hours writing a response, trying to present my viewpoints in a rational and descriptive manner.... and then I realized something: It's a total waste of time. I'd take so much time to write something out, and I'd get a response like "Oh well Ca$h, you're stupid anyways" and thats it. Go read some macnn archive threads. They used to be in depth discussions about all sorts of things, but it's degenerated into a big steaming pile of **** where everyone is "OMG +1" and "TEH" internet, etc etc. It's stupid. It's pointless to take the time to make yourself sound mature. Some people see through my immature facade and realize that I'm only persecuting idiots on the forums for my own amusement, but some don't. Ultimately, I don't really care. It's a messageboard on the internet.

- Rob

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 18, 2005, 01:42 PM

You have a reputation, that's for sure. Have you ever thought about creating an ID that acted normally?
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

Captain Egotist
Banned
Feb 18, 2005, 01:53 PM

You have a reputation, that's for sure. Have you ever thought about creating an ID that acted normally?
Like I said, I don't care.

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 18, 2005, 02:05 PM

Like I said, I don't care.
Then quit yer bitchin' about how no one takes you seriously when you start thread or repluy in a thread. You want it, obviously, then take it.
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

Captain Egotist
Banned
Feb 18, 2005, 02:33 PM

Then quit yer bitchin' about how no one takes you seriously when you start thread or repluy in a thread. You want it, obviously, then take it.
Where am I bitching about that? When have I ever said "Gosh nobody takes me seriously!"???? When?

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. MacGorilla, no offense, but you are a ****ing moron. You might view me as immature etc, but in reality you are stupid, I dislike you, and I don't feel like being mature or nice to you because of it.

I started this thread because another member of macnn threatened me.

- Rob

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 18, 2005, 06:44 PM

Where am I bitching about that? When have I ever said "Gosh nobody takes me seriously!"???? When?

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. MacGorilla, no offense, but you are a ****ing moron. You might view me as immature etc, but in reality you are stupid, I dislike you, and I don't feel like being mature or nice to you because of it.

I started this thread because another member of macnn threatened me.

- Rob
You posted this: Am I misreading?

No. Why? I used to care. I used to spend hours writing a response, trying to present my viewpoints in a rational and descriptive manner.... and then I realized something: It's a total waste of time. I'd take so much time to write something out, and I'd get a response like "Oh well Ca$h, you're stupid anyways" and thats it. Go read some macnn archive threads. They used to be in depth discussions about all sorts of things, but it's degenerated into a big steaming pile of **** where everyone is "OMG +1" and "TEH" internet, etc etc. It's stupid. It's pointless to take the time to make yourself sound mature. Some people see through my immature facade and realize that I'm only persecuting idiots on the forums for my own amusement, but some don't. Ultimately, I don't really care. It's a messageboard on the internet.
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

Captain Egotist
Banned
Feb 19, 2005, 07:54 PM

You posted this: Am I misreading?
No. You are trying to force a square peg into a round hole. The two paragraphs you posted were not hypocritical, please attempt to understand them. One of them says that if you try really hard to be mature, it doesn't change anything because people are stupid and stubborn, the other says that I don't care what people think about me.

If you can't understand how one leads to the other, I don't know what to say to you. Shiny object. Bus.

- Ca$h

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 19, 2005, 08:59 PM

No. You are trying to force a square peg into a round hole. The two paragraphs you posted were not hypocritical, please attempt to understand them. One of them says that if you try really hard to be mature, it doesn't change anything because people are stupid and stubborn, the other says that I don't care what people think about me.

If you can't understand how one leads to the other, I don't know what to say to you. Shiny object. Bus.

- Ca$h
Please don't treat me like an idiot. You know I have nothing against you, I never have. I never saw why people bashed you until now. The quoted paragraph is a little contradictory but I see what you are saying.
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2005, 09:30 PM

When did cash come back? I thought he left because we were immature or something.

Captain Egotist
Banned
Feb 19, 2005, 10:46 PM

Originally posted by dampeoples:
When did cash come back? I thought he left because we were immature or something.
The only place I ever left was the lounge. I still occasionally post questions or answers in all the other forums.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Feb 20, 2005, 02:05 AM

Don't know if you're just being defensive or if you're trying to pull the wool over people's eyes. Obviously you care. If you didn't, you wouldn't keep coming back.
Personally, I think it's a combination of you wanting attention, even if it's negative attention. And it's also probably a place where you can stretch and divert your more-hyperactive tendencies.

If you reallt believe the things you said, you'd make a concerted effort to reform your attitude and image here, even if it were meant just as big f-u to others.

Just remember that eventually people stopped laughing with you and started laughing at you.

It's your decision to how you present yourself. But don't be surprised when people act like the way they do toward you, it's a reaction to your behavior. Not you reacting to their behavior, despite what you might try to tell yourself.

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 20, 2005, 10:24 AM

Don't know if you're just being defensive or if you're trying to pull the wool over people's eyes. Obviously you care. If you didn't, you wouldn't keep coming back.
Personally, I think it's a combination of you wanting attention, even if it's negative attention. And it's also probably a place where you can stretch and divert your more-hyperactive tendencies.

If you reallt believe the things you said, you'd make a concerted effort to reform your attitude and image here, even if it were meant just as big f-u to others.

Just remember that eventually people stopped laughing with you and started laughing at you.

It's your decision to how you present yourself. But don't be surprised when people act like the way they do toward you, it's a reaction to your behavior. Not you reacting to their behavior, despite what you might try to tell yourself.
Well said.
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

Captain Egotist
Banned
Feb 20, 2005, 12:34 PM

I keep coming back for mac related information, and to sell things.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 23, 2005, 11:26 PM

i <3 this thread.

Krypton
Mac Elite
Feb 24, 2005, 01:27 PM

I think Ca$h should be given mod privileges for all the great work he does.

Zimphire
Baninated
Feb 27, 2005, 07:46 AM

Yeah me too.

He needs to stop being a whiney woman though.

I have had all kinds of threats sent to me via pvt msg

It usually sends me into fits of laughter though.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Feb 27, 2005, 08:02 AM

Considering some of the comments he's made when he's off his meds, I'm surprised someone hasn't gone over to his house and kicked his butt.

That said, his captain egoist persona has been pretty good the past week-plus.

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2005, 12:54 PM

Considering some of the comments he's made when he's off his meds, I'm surprised someone hasn't gone over to his house and kicked his butt.

That said, his captain egoist persona has been pretty good the past week-plus.
maybe it'll last

/me skeptic
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

paully dub
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2005, 01:09 PM

I just wanted to say Hi, my name's Paully and I find this thread enjoyably silly. Keep it up guys!

</feedback>

Adopt-A-Yankee

Captain Egotist
Banned
Feb 27, 2005, 01:41 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
It usually sends me into fits of laughter though.
Ditto, but had I sent someone the same message I'd be banned.

I just want equality, that's all.

Forum Links
Forum Rules