Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Ipod Mini Shipping Delays?

Ipod Mini Shipping Delays?
DigitalDNA
Forum Regular
Feb 3, 2004, 02:52 PM

Anyone else have a long wait for their Ipod Mini? My silver says on or before 3/2 and I didn't even have it laser engraved.
"Wise man say: Number of posts does not equate credibility when you post 50 times to a single thread."

CatOne
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2004, 04:53 PM

Originally posted by DigitalDNA:
Anyone else have a long wait for their Ipod Mini? My silver says on or before 3/2 and I didn't even have it laser engraved.
Well they're not even shipping until mid-February, so what's so long about that?

DigitalDNA  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 4, 2004, 01:09 AM

Originally posted by CatOne:
Well they're not even shipping until mid-February, so what's so long about that?
Ummm 2 weeks after they start shipping.. thats whats wrong. Start shipping mid Feb and have to wait till March?
"Wise man say: Number of posts does not equate credibility when you post 50 times to a single thread."

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2004, 01:41 AM

I ordered mine this past Sunday, and also got the free engraving for it. Mine also says on or before March 2nd. I thought I would of got it sooner, like in 2 weeks...

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

ritjobbie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2004, 11:21 AM

Originally posted by nobitacu:
I ordered mine this past Sunday, and also got the free engraving for it. Mine also says on or before March 2nd. I thought I would of got it sooner, like in 2 weeks...

Ming
I ordered mine around January 25th. My "on or before" ship date is 2/17.

~Jay

Leaping Gnome
Forum Regular
Feb 8, 2004, 09:50 PM

You would think they would try to get these in stores before Valentine's Day. If the pink are available I can see them selling out.

Minty Fresh
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 8, 2004, 11:08 PM

I ordered mine on 1/6/04...the day of the Keynote. It says on or before 2/17/04 for me, and I also got it engraved.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2004, 02:25 PM

Sorry, I hate when other people do this to me, but its "iPod," not "Ipod."

DigitalDNA  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2004, 02:53 AM

Originally posted by Cadaver:
Sorry, I hate when other people do this to me, but its "iPod," not "Ipod."
tom-ay-toe, tom-ah-toe

you obviously have too much time or a very boring life if you have nothing better to do then correct capitalization.

waxcrash
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2004, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by Minty Fresh:
I ordered mine on 1/6/04...the day of the Keynote. It says on or before 2/17/04 for me, and I also got it engraved.
According to today's Wall Street Journal, they will be available starting next week (2/16/04).

The Ginger Rat
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2004, 05:08 PM

That pink one is really growing on me...

(hangs head in shame)

THE MAC GOD
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 13, 2004, 07:59 PM

Originally posted by The Ginger Rat:
That pink one is really growing on me...

(hangs head in shame)
GET out of the forums... GO... Before I must report you for abuse!

All as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as Love.

esc
Feb 13, 2004, 08:17 PM

My wife ordered a green one on 1/10 ... the online store still says it will ship on or before 2/17...

Mskr
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2004, 08:33 PM

tom-ay-toe, tom-ah-toe

you obviously have too much time or a very boring life if you have nothing better to do then correct capitalization.
Well, normally I wouldn't care about this, but... No, it's not really like To-may-to, To-mah-to. If it's the product or company's name, it's only spelled one way: FedEx, Power Mac, PowerBook, iPod, iMac, etc. That's the trademarked name, and it's not something generic that you can really change.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be anal or anything, but it's not correct to say that it could be Ipod or MAC or whatever.
Software Architect, CodeTek Studios, Inc.

12" AlBook 867 (Combo drive) 640 MB/40 GB (work development machine) -- TiBook 400MHz/384MB/10GB (home machine)
CodeTek VirtualDesktop Pro: Power multitasking! -- DockExtender: Powerful, efficient launcher for Apps, Docs and everything else!

jsewell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2004, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by Mskr:
Well, normally I wouldn't care about this, but... No, it's not really like To-may-to, To-mah-to. If it's the product or company's name, it's only spelled one way: FedEx, Power Mac, PowerBook, iPod, iMac, etc. That's the trademarked name, and it's not something generic that you can really change.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be anal or anything, but it's not correct to say that it could be Ipod or MAC or whatever.
Thank God I'm not the only one driven crazy by this. When I read that MAC is going out of business or that the i-pod is cool, or that a piece of software is AppleOS compatible, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. Is it really that difficult? It's even more disturbing when you see these mistakes in the press.

A funny corollary to this: I read an article in Apple's Tech Info Library (TIL) a few years ago that discussed how to determine your computers "Macintosh address", where they meant to say MAC address, as in Media Access Control. I sent them an email about it, but it took several months to correct.

On Topic: I too would have loved to get my wife a pink iPod for Valentine's day, but the local Apple store here in Richmond doesn't have them yet.

-J
( Last edited by jsewell; Feb 14, 2004 at 06:47 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules