Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac iSight is too dark

iMac iSight is too dark
mindwaves
Dec 5, 2005, 01:52 AM

I posted this before the forums threa temper tantrum....but here it is again:

I have a 17'' iMac G5 w/ built-in iSight and I find that it is often too dark even with adqueate lighting. It only works "well" with a lot of light directly in front of the iSight. I did a search online and I found that a lot of people with iSights in general (not the one built in) also have similar problem and their solution was to use iGlasses which is not compatible (yet) with my iMac. Anyone have a similar problem and/or solution for me? Thanks.

mindwaves  (op)
Dec 8, 2005, 11:23 AM

*bump* Maybe I'll take it in for a doctor's appt....

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 17, 2005, 10:09 AM

I have one of the new iMacs too with buildin iSight and it's weird, sometimes when I take pictures with PhotoBooth my face is all pale(it is rather pale though) and sometimes my face is colored like the way I would see it in the mirror in the bathroom. I have the same amount of light when taking two different pictures but different outcomes. If I put my hand up infront of the iSight I get nice colors but as soon as I remove the hand I get all pale and stuff.

But mindwaves, you'll be glad to know that iGlasses is now updated to work with the new iMacs.
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

Forum Links
Forum Rules