Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > ever feel the need for more harddrive space?

ever feel the need for more harddrive space?
Frugle
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 5, 2007, 12:21 AM

I did.... and this is a random, pointless thread.. I just thought it was interesting.

now let me start off by going ahead and ruining all your jokes... yes, more harddrive space does make me a bigger man than you.

and yes, I do video editing, mostly high def stuff.. (now thanks to incredible P2)

but yeah, last year I was thinking about how much I needed more harddrive space.. now look at me.. I have 6 external enclosures, 14 harddrives and 3TB of space.....

has anyone else accumulated harddrives?
15" MacBook Pro | 2.16GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 100GB 5400 rpm | 256MB X1600

kamina
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 5, 2007, 02:32 AM

I usually get rid of my old ones when getting new ones. Don't have so much data that I would need anything excessive, I have a 500GB drive in my iMac, an external 500GB drive for daily backups, and then a 250GB drive that I keep at work, and bring home once a month to update all my important files (pictures, text documents ect).

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 5, 2007, 06:46 PM

I have a 120gb in my PowerBook which has 21gb free and I have a 160gb external which I use for backups and storage. I want to get something in the 500 - 1tb range when I replace my PowerBook with a MacBook and iMac.

MrLatte23
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2007, 08:03 AM

and one reason I passed on buying a G5 and jumped on the Mac Pro desktop. Just loaded my second 750 GB Drive, to the two 500 GB drives it shipped with. And two external Firewire 200 Gb drives from my old G4 PowerMac, just to tote HD video projects around. 100 Gb of photo's, Full Jumpback background library, ArtBeats Backgrounds. Wish I had waited for the new 1 TB drives just released.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Apr 10, 2007, 10:46 AM

You need a Drobo or three...

I've got 80GB in my laptop and 160/320/500GB externals... I'll probably pick up a 400GB external in the next week or so.

Forum Links
Forum Rules