Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Feeler/FT/FS 15" Matte MacBook Pro

Feeler/FT/FS 15" Matte MacBook Pro
Frugle
Dedicated MacNNer
May 20, 2008, 12:23 PM

Hello everyone, I'm posting this at Macrumors as well as here.

So over the past year, my laptop has transitioned from being a laptop, to a desked laptop... and I've kinda talked myself into needing a bigger screen with more real-estate. So I'm looking to basically sell my laptop, to get a bottom of the line iMac without putting much money down.

My laptop is a great laptop in great condition... Since I bought it it has had the Marware palm rests, I've always used the RadTech keyboard cover, until recently when they started yellowing I had the RadTech Screen rubber things to make sure the screen spacing stayed even (rubber stops that were in the corner of the display so when you closed it, it closed even and tightly) ..

For the most part, it's been in a Spec Plastic case, so it's in amazing condition.

But it is almost 3 years old, I envy anyone who has a 3 year old metal laptop in absolute perfect condition... like I said I did use it as a laptop for 2 of those years, so it has random imperfections.

The first being the biggest, there is a scratch on the bottom that looks like a hair where it unfortunately had an encounter with a rivet on my jeans 3 days after I bought it.... freaked me out completely.

The rest, there are a couple of little hair line scratches, that look like someone just brushed it with a pencil or something, I would say 4 over the who laptop.... these I would have to point out to you before you would notice them.

The only major deformation of the computer, which I have NO idea why this happened as the computer has NEVER been dropped, when your looking down at the computer, directly above it, you can see a little reflection off to the left where above the express 34 slot has started pulling away from the edge of the plastic a bit... I don't know why, and I don't really think it's that obvious, it's definitely very minor.

So, that's my 500 word explanation of my computer. sorry, I let my parents use my camera, so I all I have right now is my iPhone, but I WILL take pictures this weekend of EVERYTHING to show everyone

It's a first generation MacBook Pro.

2.16GHz Core Duo
2GB dual channel ram
120GB 5400RPM Harddrive (3 month old Apple replacement)
DVD burner
umm... what else am I supposed to list? I know you guys know which computer this is... so you know what it comes with.

I have all of the original packaging, and it would come with everything included (including the remote)

Extras it would come with.

Leopard (and the install disk)
2 Magsafe power adapters (neither are the origional, both are only about 8 months old)
1 small incase bag sleeve.
Spec laptop cover
All the protective stuff listed above.
eSATA express 34 card

I would even be willing to throw in a really nice swiss army backpack (laptop bag) and even the original apple Bluetooth keyboard (white full size keyboard)

any thoughts? Any comments on the price? I would love to have any sort of feedback.

I would like to start at $1150 shipped or best offer, because I feel like I'm offering a great computer, with many accessories that could add up.

please ask any questions you have!

oh and the battery is in pretty rough shape, 569 cycles, at 66% health, but it still holds a 2 hour charge, so I haven't replaced it yet.

iPhone pictures can be seen at macrumors Feeler/FT/FS: 15" Matte MacBook Pro - great condition - Mac Forums .
( Last edited by chipchen; May 22, 2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: title change.)
15" MacBook Pro | 2.16GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 100GB 5400 rpm | 256MB X1600

chipchen
Mac Elite
May 20, 2008, 03:24 PM

No feelers allowed. So if you have any feelings of not wanting to sell it, please decide first.

Frugle  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 22, 2008, 11:42 AM

oh, sorry. removed the word feeler.
15" MacBook Pro | 2.16GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 100GB 5400 rpm | 256MB X1600

UltimaLaw
Forum Regular
May 24, 2008, 02:09 PM

Are you still thinking about selling this, send me a message on AIM (oh ya don't trust Craigs List at all).....my aim is below, I would like to talk about a possible trade or purchase!

-Eric
[email protected]
aim: eric0659
15" Macbook Pro w/ Retina / 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 / 16 GB DDR3 Memory / 256 GB SSD / Backlit Keyboard / OSX El Capitan
Apple iPhone 6+ / 64GB (Silver) / Wi-Fi and AT&T LTE / Apple iPad 3rd Generation / 64GB Wi-Fi
New Apple TV 32GB / New Touchpad Remote / Netflix and Entire App Store (TWiT, YouTube, WatchESPN, TV Networks, Etc.)
Apple iPad Pro / 12.9" Retina Touchscreen / A9X Chip / 4-Speaker High-Fidelity Sound / Smart Keyboard Pro / Apple Pencil

UltimaLaw
Forum Regular
May 28, 2008, 10:55 PM

Any update OP?
15" Macbook Pro w/ Retina / 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 / 16 GB DDR3 Memory / 256 GB SSD / Backlit Keyboard / OSX El Capitan
Apple iPhone 6+ / 64GB (Silver) / Wi-Fi and AT&T LTE / Apple iPad 3rd Generation / 64GB Wi-Fi
New Apple TV 32GB / New Touchpad Remote / Netflix and Entire App Store (TWiT, YouTube, WatchESPN, TV Networks, Etc.)
Apple iPad Pro / 12.9" Retina Touchscreen / A9X Chip / 4-Speaker High-Fidelity Sound / Smart Keyboard Pro / Apple Pencil

Aron Peterson
Senior User
May 29, 2008, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by UltimaLaw View Post
Are you still thinking about selling this, send me a message on AIM (oh ya don't trust Craigs List at all).
I'm so disappointed with Craig's List. It used to be so great for quick selling a few years ago. I put my MacBook Pro on there two days ago and all I am getting is Nigerian scammers emailing me. In fact, it is the same desperate scammer with multiple email addresses and aliases.

To make things worse for sellers, 90% of Macs advertised on there are scams. The prices these scammers put are so unrealistically low priced that it makes legit adverts look expensive. Craig's List has officially died from lack of good moderation.
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6

SamoanDude
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 29, 2008, 10:01 AM

What helps, is to start the Craigsslist with NO UK/NIGERIAN scams. I WILL NOT SHIP THIS LAPTOP ANYWHERE.

This has cut down on 90% of my scam attempts. I have had great success with craigslist doing this.

Aron Peterson
Senior User
May 29, 2008, 05:11 PM

I've done something like that but had a persistent pest. There are a ton of ads for latest 17" MacBook Pros selling for a quarter of the retail price too. It's just crazy how bad the computer section is ruined.
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6

verticaltrailmix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 27, 2008, 01:44 PM

Hey! I have a 20" iMac that I would be willing to trade with you!!! I need a macbook of some kind for school this fall... so I'm looking to either trade my iMac for one or sell it and buy a pro. Let me know if you're interested at all. my e-mail is:

verticaltrailmix "at" hot mail . com

or you can call me

906-235-3033

THANKS!

*amber*

Forum Links
Forum Rules