Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > iMAC and consoles all online

iMAC and consoles all online
Livers
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 5, 2008, 10:49 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm a complete MAC newbie so forgive my ignorance but I'm just about to make my iMAC purchase (once the rumoured update happens that is). My question is if I have my iMAC connected in one room and two floors up in my attic I have a bunch of consoles (PS3, 360, Wii), what/how do I connect them all up? I'd like to have the consoles hooked up by wire rather than wireless as the walls in my house are very thick. Initially when I was thinking of getting a normal PC, I was going to buy the netgear powerline adpaters and use the mains. Is there something similar for the iMAC, will it work with the iMAC and consoles or do I need something else? Does the Airport work in the same way but instead of being wired, just send out a signal within the room, will my consoles being able to pick it up?

Thanks for your help, I realise how basic my question is, I think I know the answer but I want to make sure I haven't missed out something obvious.

T

Forum Links
Forum Rules