Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > LCD arm for 24" iMac, what color?

LCD arm for 24" iMac, what color?
jgcan
Forum Regular
Aug 13, 2007, 10:36 PM

Hi, I am going to buy a 24" Alu iMac and will mount it on an Innovative LCD arm model 7000-1000. I need advice on the choice of the color, vista black or anodized silver? I feel like getting the silver one but I am afraid that it will not match the silver of the iMac. Anyone that saw both that silver arm in real and the iMac and has advice to give?

Model 7000 LCD Arm - flexible monitor mount levitates screen over desk

JLFanboy
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 13, 2007, 11:09 PM

Definitely go with the black. The black will match the back of the iMac where it connects. Also it won't compete with the silver of the iMac.

Just a thought.

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 13, 2007, 11:30 PM

Thanks JLFanboy, good advice, anyone else with an opinion?

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2007, 11:39 PM

I agree go black. Also, I'm fairly certain you need an Apple adapter to make the iMac work with any VESA mount.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2007, 11:53 PM

I like the black too, but not the name--Vista Black.

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 15, 2007, 08:48 PM

Thanks everyone, I will go with the black, and yes I knew I have to buy the Apple adapter for the VESA.

hldan
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2007, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by chabig View Post
I like the black too, but not the name--Vista Black.
Me neither, I'm sure the store has Mac Black in stock but I heard that the Vista Black sorta copied the Mac Black.

dbranham
Forum Regular
Aug 15, 2007, 10:29 PM

LOL. Black.
Old Times There Are Not Forgotten

mavherzog
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 16, 2007, 03:14 AM

I was considering the iLift...but I think I like this model better. (will be mounting a 24" iMac along side a 24" Dell LCD.

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 16, 2007, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by mavherzog View Post
I was considering the iLift...but I think I like this model better. (will be mounting a 24" iMac along side a 24" Dell LCD.
Less expensive than the iLift too and it looks like the the same one in black.

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 16, 2007, 07:46 PM

I finally ordered my iMac today, 2.8Ghz, 1 GB (will upgrade to 4 GB when I get it, anyone wants to buy the 1GB stick?), 500 GB HDD. I will now order the LCD arm in black.

The only thing I am not happy with is that the VESA mount kit from Apple is not shipping before 1-2 weeks, it's different from the previous one that was used with the white Intel iMac 24".

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2007, 06:54 PM

I received the arm today, it looks very nice. I did not install it yet since my iMac status is still to "Not shipped yet". The VESA mount bracket that was supposed to ship after the iMac changed status today and is now "Prepared for shipment".

For those interested, "Vista Black", the color of the arm is not glossy as the name could have suggested. It's a very nice looking matte black that should fit very well with the back of the iMac.

hldan
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2007, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by jgcan View Post
I received the arm today, it looks very nice. I did not install it yet since my iMac status is still to "Not shipped yet". The VESA mount bracket that was supposed to ship after the iMac changed status today and is now "Prepared for shipment".

For those interested, "Vista Black", the color of the arm is not glossy as the name could have suggested. It's a very nice looking matte black that should fit very well with the back of the iMac.
When you get your iMac please report back with pics of the iMac hooked up to the arm.

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2007, 07:34 PM

I will.

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2007, 07:54 PM

The Apple VESA mount was just shipped now from California.

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 7, 2007, 10:10 PM

Here are some pics (sorry, very bad pics) of the 24" iMac on the VESA mounted arm:

http://gallery.mac.com/niquetj#100011

funkboy
Professional Poster
Jun 2, 2008, 01:02 AM

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but does this mount behave exactly like an iMac G4 neck design would? By that I mean, it will move around with one hand - there's no goofy button to press and release to allow movement of the neck - and it allows three axis movement?

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 2, 2008, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by funkboy View Post
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but does this mount behave exactly like an iMac G4 neck design would? By that I mean, it will move around with one hand - there's no goofy button to press and release to allow movement of the neck - and it allows three axis movement?
Because of the weight of the iMac 24", it's not that easy to move it around. For the arm to be able to maintain it in the desired position you need to make tight adjustments which make it far from one finger/hand adjustments, particularly for tilting the display, other movements (up/down, sideways and back and forth) are easier and "one hand friendly". But no, there are no goofy buttons to press and it allows 3 axis movements.

Forum Links
Forum Rules