Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > getting movies from iPhoto to iMovieq

getting movies from iPhoto to iMovieq
dosequis09
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2008, 03:44 PM

I just got back from studying abroad in Europe and I have a ton of pictures and videos that are all uploaded into iPhoto. My camera takes .avi files and I uploaded them into iPhoto from the camera and when I click on them Quick Time plays them just fine. However, I want to create a movie in iMovie with photos and the video clips. When I open iMovie the videos do not show up under video from iPhoto on the left hand side. In order to find them I have to try and import them from the iPhoto library, but when I do I often get an error about Flip for Mac and iMovie crashes. Also iMovie is unbelievably slow in browsing the iPhoto library to look for videos. Is there a better way. I am using a MBP 2.2 ghz with 2 GB Ram and leopard.
( Last edited by dosequis09; Apr 10, 2008 at 08:47 PM. )

bearcatrp
Senior User
Apr 11, 2008, 08:25 AM

Download VLC player (free) to view them. If you want to convert them for iMovie, you will need to convert them. Get mpeg streamclip.. Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows , Convert to DV, then import.
Randy
2010 Mac Mini, 32GB iPod Touch, 2 Apple TV (1)
Home built 12 core 2.93 Westmere PC (almost half the cost of MP) Win7 64.

Forum Links
Forum Rules