Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Who else is getting ****** off with Who?'s constant BS

Who else is getting ****** off with Who?'s constant BS
Gareth Johnston
Mar 12, 2008, 08:12 PM

I was just wondering how many team members are getting royally ****** off with Who?'s constant moaning and belittling. Time and time again he slates Alex's app, claims Alex is lying regarding the code currently available.

Constantly claiming that his 'wonder' code will be a massive improvement etc, yet time and time again he has failed repeatedly.

Rant over.

arkayn
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 12, 2008, 09:28 PM

You must be SATAN over at the SETI forums, at least that is a guess.

I have mostly stayed out of that thread due to only having my little iMac.

Gareth Johnston  (op)
Mar 13, 2008, 03:15 AM

Arkayn, good guess, yes it's me.

I wouldn't matter if he actually proved something instead of talking hot air all the time. I can't see how anybody still follows it in the hope of seeing an improvement.

There is nothing wrong with iMacs, there nice machines, I only made the jump up from one because I had a little bit more money to spend than I thought I did.

QSilver
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 13, 2008, 02:28 PM

I read those who?-related threads purely for entertainment value. After watching the ebb & flow for several months, I think I'm starting to get the pattern:
  1. who? shows up talking about the miraculous/death-defying code he's come up with (usually within 4 weeks of a significant Intel introduction).
  2. One group of people cheers that he's back working on optimized code.
  3. Another group bashes who? because he's been making the same promises for over a year.
  4. msattler politely offers his machine(s) for "neutral testing."
  5. who? gets all defensive when anyone suggests head-to-head testing (or comparisons on a "stock" machine).
  6. who? goes radio-silent for some time
  7. Rinse & repeat

It's been 1.5 years of this pattern. I'm willing to bet that there will never be a widely-distributed, who?-optimized app.

QS

Gareth Johnston  (op)
Mar 13, 2008, 08:23 PM

QSilver, you are most probably right. The best thing now, is it seems that if anyone posts something that shows they haven't get their head up Who?'s backside it gets removed for no valid reason.

eg, hiamps post made in the last 30 minutes.

I will not take you up on that bet.

Ihope he falls flat on his fat **!

Forum Links
Forum Rules