Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Mighty mouse: no scrollup

Mighty mouse: no scrollup
GuillaumeB
Forum Regular
Jul 24, 2007, 06:27 PM

I have a wireless mightymouse. It used to work fine but i just realized that even though I can scroll down, I cant scroll up anymore; it works fine on the trackpad though. This happenes in any application
I closed the lid to lose the wireless connection, re-opened it but it did not solve the problem
I check the Preference pane but everything seems ok
Any idea?
My website
MBP 13" Uni - 4GB RAM
MBP 15" - 4GB RAM

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 24, 2007, 07:21 PM

Do u have a magic eraser? Weeks ago, I brought mine to the Apple Store and the Mac Genius clean the scroll ball with a magic eraser.

walkerjs
Jul 28, 2007, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Do u have a magic eraser? Weeks ago, I brought mine to the Apple Store and the Mac Genius clean the scroll ball with a magic eraser.
Wet or dry? I usually use optical wipes, but if the ME is going to work better, I got a bunch of those.

Naplander
Senior User
Jul 28, 2007, 08:57 PM

It's a common problem with this mouse. Solution = buy a new one
KEEPING THE PEACE - WITH FORCE

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 28, 2007, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Naplander View Post
Solution = buy a new one
That sounds outrageous.

Well.. since the wireless mightymouse debuted on [url=http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006/jul/25mightymouse.html]July 25, 2006), I think your mighty mouse is still covered with the 1-yr warranty. Apple will also likely to replace yours if you have any AppleCare covered Mac.

GuillaumeB  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 1, 2007, 04:40 PM

the problem suddenly solved for abut a week and a half and it ha just come back. i'll try to reinstall the software
My website
MBP 13" Uni - 4GB RAM
MBP 15" - 4GB RAM

mindwaves
Aug 2, 2007, 12:58 AM

Where can I buy the magic eraser for my laptop (macbook)? It has some scuffs on there.

jriveractu
Forum Regular
Aug 2, 2007, 01:30 AM

I have the wired Mighty Mouse and face this problem every once in a while. It usually goes back to normal after I give it a good clean (don't know if it's because of the dirt that builds up or a hardware issue).

WOPR
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2007, 01:34 PM

You need to clean the ball. Use a lint-free cloth and something like lighterfluid - put the fluid on the cloth and with the mouse upside down keep rubbing the ball. It should come back to life. Having said that, after months of having to do this every few days with mine, it has now stopped scrolling up or down permanently so I'm taking it to the Store for a replacement. It's great when it works but overall the design sucks. If you're in warranty Apple will repair or replace it for you.

 iMac Core 2 Duo 17" 2ghz 3gb/250gb ||  iBook G4 12" 1.33ghz 1gb/40gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules