Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > First image of new Coach leather band for Apple Watch leaks

First image of new Coach leather band for Apple Watch leaks
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jun 2, 2016, 11:00 AM

The first look at the new Apple Watch bands by luxury fashion company Coach have surfaced via a leaked screenshot of a Coach product listing. The screenshot shows a tan leather band with a couple of polished metal charm adornments. It is described as being crafted in genuine glove-tanned leather, that is finished by hand with heat-creased edges and hand-tacking at stress points. 9to5Mac was able to do some URL digging and uncovered listings for a couple of other bands as well.

Two other Coach bands for the Apple Watch include one called Tea Rose Applique leather strap, and the other named the Wild Beast Camo leather strap. The former is described as being finished with "die-cut leather blooms, each each one debossed, printed, edge-painted and affixed by hand with a custom rivet." The latter is described as featuring a "very beastly camo print on fine-grained calf leather." Images for the two band, however, have not yet been loaded to their respective product pages. In all, Coach is expected to release nine Apple Watch bands in a range of colors and priced at $150 each, according to the source of the leak. Availability could be as soon as sometime in the next month, and they will join Hermès in giving customers high-end fashion-forward ways of customizing their Apple Watch.

Inkling
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 2, 2016, 01:49 PM

Sigh, yet another illustration that, under the thumb of Sir Ives, Apple is becoming more a jewelry company than a high-tech firm. If I were an engineer at Apple, I'd resign and go where engineers get more respect.
Author of Untangling Tolkien and Chesterton on War and Peace

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Jun 2, 2016, 01:56 PM

Ive had nothing to do with this. This is all Coach.

mr_strat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 9, 2016, 07:50 AM

Just what I need - some junk hanging off my watchband...

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Jun 9, 2016, 08:13 AM

Yeah, I'm not excited about the bands, but they are Coach-styled, for sure.

Forum Links
Forum Rules