Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Keyboard doesn't work after I spilt water on it

Keyboard doesn't work after I spilt water on it
Shafeeqah
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 27, 2010, 10:36 AM

I spilt water on my MacBook Pro while it was on then I put it upside down for a couple of days with the lid off to dry but I didn't take the battery out. So I tried turning it on just now, and it works. The screen is fine, the trackpad is fine but my keyboard doesn't work! So I can't login cause I can't type in my password. Plus I tried charging it but that didn't work either. There wasn't a green or red light. Help!

Andy8
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2010, 10:39 AM

ghporter
Administrator
Jun 27, 2010, 10:41 AM

This subject is covered in extreme depth in the sticky thread "OMG!! I spilled..." above.

Our forums are here to help anyone who needs that help, but rather than going over exactly the same subject thousands of times, we use these sticky threads to keep the important information in one place where it's easy to find and read through.

I'm going to close this thread, but I'll also put your post in the sticky thread so it's where it belongs and where others will see it and perhaps offer "just exactly the right advice" for you.

I wish you very good luck in this issue.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules