Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Ipod Touch Cases?

Ipod Touch Cases?
neverskatewsandles
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 25, 2007, 03:19 PM

Does anyone know if there are any cases avalible for the ipod touch yet? Im looking for a nice crystal clear plastic encasing for my itouch and cant find them anywhere. If anyone has found one please let me know where.
2ghz macbook /120gb hd ,1gb ram, superdrive/iwork

iphonerocks
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2007, 07:47 PM

i checked the apple store.but i did not find any cases.if you google it you might find some

Rayfe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2007, 02:59 PM

I haven't found any nice looking ones that are out yet. I'm currently awaiting for Griffin to release it's "reflect" case.

Griffin Technology: Reflect for iPod touch - Mirrored Chrome-Finish Case

Enigmatic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 29, 2007, 02:11 AM

The only thing I think is out is the invisible shield, which is hardly a full fledged case.
I was looking on ebey and there's a bunch of no-name silicone cases advertised for the touch, but most of them if you look at the picture you can see they are just loosley fitting iphone cases that someone threw on a touch.
There was one black silicone one that looked like it fit snug, but the quality looked around the home-made level.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2007, 03:09 AM

I have this one...
iPod Suede Jacket

..but they have a few others styles as well.
iPod Smart Case
iPod iPhone Travel Case

irunat2am
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 29, 2007, 03:49 AM

If it's the same size as an iPhone, which is what I'm assuming, don't get the Belkin clear plastic case. I've read tons of stories about how it scratches the iphone. My friend has that case and it scratched his, too. Bad times.
24" iMac 2.16GHz c2d ~ 3G ram ~ 250G ~ Superdrive ~ Pure Sexiness
15" Powerbook G4 ~ 1.5GHz ~ 1.5G ram ~ 160G ~ Combo

robshoy
Sep 29, 2007, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by irunat2am View Post
If it's the same size as an iPhone, which is what I'm assuming, don't get the Belkin clear plastic case. I've read tons of stories about how it scratches the iphone. My friend has that case and it scratched his, too. Bad times.
I can confirm that it is completely a different size than the iPhone. It's almost half the thickness and I've heard it's a hair wider. I don't have an iPhone so I can't compare at home.

Forum Links
Forum Rules