Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > My delivery has been brought forward 18 days!!!

My delivery has been brought forward 18 days!!!
CrackedButter
Forum Regular
Oct 22, 2003, 01:55 PM

I was on a 2-3 week wait for my 15"PB and now i got an email today and its already been shipped!!! ALREADY SHIPPING!!! None of the other stages of the order like awaiting for dispatch!

I live in the UK and as other UKer's will know it takes a while from Taiwan into Lux then into the UK. Well its ALREADY AT LUX!!!

I could get it tomorrow or friday! This is good news!

However the other items i ordered are still in a 2 week wait, they are still not on the system, i had ordered everything last friday including the PB, everything was on ADC discount as well.

Sadly i still have my iBook and i want it sold FAST...those G4's are knocking the prices waaay down on it.
"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not and add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee

machem
Forum Regular
Oct 22, 2003, 02:00 PM

Macbippy is reporting that all Euro PBs shipping got diverted to the Netherlands for a repair, even before their new owners received them. They take this to mean that Apple came up with an official, permanent repair.

I think Apple probably set a conservative delivery date because of the screen issues, while they said to engineering "find a fix for this NOW". It is so much better to be able to (re-) ship early than to push a date back (yeah, I know that is originally what happened, but...).

Today I was driving into work, and the gas station had a huge banner saying "NO MTBE". I thought that was a case of marketing turning chickensh!t into chicken salad --- the manufacturers were forced to remove MTBE (kicking and screaming all the while).
1.25GHz 1024M SD 15" AlBook

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Oct 22, 2003, 02:05 PM

Nice, glad to hear you're finally getting your Powerbook shipped to you. But yea, better sell that iBook of yours fast, since the new G4 versions will really knock down those G3 prices.

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

CrackedButter  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 22, 2003, 02:16 PM

@Machem, i don't know, it was only yesterday that i spec'ed up a 15" with a 80GB 5400 rpm drive and it had a delivery time of 5-7 days compared to the 15" stock option which i am getting.
"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not and add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee

Forum Links
Forum Rules