Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Archive and Install question

Archive and Install question
CrackedButter
Forum Regular
Nov 1, 2003, 12:04 PM

What will this do? Will it just save my settings or will it save my work AND settings?

My PB went totally fubar on me at my dads wedding and i want to keep all the photos i just took with it.

Incase you are wondering, the finder won't load for some reason but the desktop will. All i can do is use the programs on the dock but the desktop is a no go area since it doesn't appear. All i have is a dock, i would prefer a very quick reply in like the next 30 mins please, if only to the first part, at least i can reinstall the system on the go while back at the wedding and get back to using the digital camera.

Thanks
"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not and add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee

CrackedButter  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 1, 2003, 12:20 PM

I know this isn't a chat room but alot of people are in this forum, if you cannot answer the whole question then all i want to know is what the Archive and install will do, i have like 10 minutes to go then i am powerbookless.
"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not and add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee

CrackedButter  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 1, 2003, 12:36 PM

Doesn't matter now, i had to do it, thanks for the help.

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Nov 1, 2003, 12:49 PM

if you needed a quick answer, perhaps try searching the forums first - this topic has been asked/answered countless times already....you would have had your info in a minute.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

CrackedButter  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 1, 2003, 05:01 PM

Ah Well

Forum Links
Forum Rules