Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] IconBuilder 8

[ANN] IconBuilder 8
dlanham
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2005, 04:34 PM

The Iconfactory's filter for constructing icons, IconBuilder has been re-designed from the ground up in Cocoa for unprecedented power and flexibility, and still sports many of the features that users have come to know and expect. The filter also offers a host of new features that icon artists everywhere will appreciate. Here is a highlight of just some of the new features that IconBuilder 8.0 has to offer:

• Creation of icon resources of any size up to 1024x1024 pixels
• Ability to save generic image formats, such as TIFFs, BMPs, etc.
• Save icons in multiple file formats at the same time
• Standard and custom Grid Files and Presets that can be shared
• Build icons for an entire project with a single filter pass
• Expanded resource protection and information via new Verification Report
• Revised and expanded IconBuilder Assistant Photoshop actions

More details over at The Iconfactory.

afterglow
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2005, 06:27 PM

I emailed this to support but I was wondering if anyone had run into this showstopper when using the plug in. The 8.0 plug-in window sits under the palettes in Photoshop which on my 15" Powerbook screen (1280x854) means I can't access any buttons on the right hand side of the new larger IconBuilder window. On the 5.0 release it floated above the palettes. The palettes while using the plug in are inactive meaning I can't move them out of the way to use the save/close/import buttons.

Is anyone else going through this? The features look top notch but I can't get beyond launching it at the moment and have gone back to 5.0 for current work.

AnthonyP
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2005, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by afterglow
The 8.0 plug-in window sits under the palettes in Photoshop which on my 15" Powerbook screen (1280x854) means I can't access any buttons on the right hand side of the new larger IconBuilder window.
A workaround for this would be to hit the "Tab" key before launching the filter. This will hide all your palettes. Then after using the filter, hit Tab again to bring your palettes back.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2005, 11:17 PM

Awesome!

Forum Links
Forum Rules