Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Docs to Go on iPad?

Docs to Go on iPad?
kman42
Professional Poster
Apr 7, 2010, 02:06 PM

Anyone heard anything? I checked their website and couldn't find any info, but given the limited Office compatibility of iWork and MS's suggestion that they won't do anything on the iPad, porting Docs to Go to the iPad seems like a no-brainer. Especially since they already have an iPhone version.

If there is a legit Office compatible suite and Apple fixes the file sharing issues, then the iPad suddenly becomes a serious laptop replacement. I think these two issues are currently holding it back a bit.

kman42  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 7, 2010, 06:56 PM

Well, the Dataviz website is useless for this info (and looks like something MS would have made in the early 2000s), but they mention on the Docs To Go iTunes app page that a full res iPad version is coming soon. So, yeah!, I guess. Anyone actually use Docs To Go? I hear it is supposed to be fairly compatible with Office. Any real world experiences?

Nairua
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 7, 2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by kman42 View Post
Well, the Dataviz website is useless for this info (and looks like something MS would have made in the early 2000s), but they mention on the Docs To Go iTunes app page that a full res iPad version is coming soon. So, yeah!, I guess. Anyone actually use Docs To Go? I hear it is supposed to be fairly compatible with Office. Any real world experiences?
I use the app on the iPhone for about a year now, mainly for college. Not for editing, but reading. It's very convient not having to print all those papers. Actually, the existence of Docs To Go is the reason i purchased an iPad. So I hope they come out with a new version. :-D

hab
Forum Regular
Apr 8, 2010, 01:03 PM

Docs to Go for the iPhone is an excellent and extremely useful program. Much improved from earlier versions I had for Palm Handhelds so it seems that support for the iPad would not be an afterthought. I use it for Word, Excel, and PDF files. Utility suffers due to the small screen of the iPhone so going to the iPad formfactor will only have an up side ....
21.5" iMac 2.7GHz i5; 15" FP iMac 0.8GHz G4, iPhone 5S

Forum Links
Forum Rules