Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > vBulletin Updates

vBulletin Updates
gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Apr 9, 2004, 03:58 PM

I just upgraded the forums to the latest version of vBulletin 2 (2.3.5). It is just a maintenance and bugfix update, so there should not be any issues. However, it is possible that there are some small things slightly out of whack, so please let me know if you see anything weird.

There have been some changes in the cookie routines in vBulletin since the version we had been using, so it is possible that this long-standing cookie issue has been cleared up. Please let me know if you still have problems with that (in which case we can report it as a real bug, since they said that we obviously need to be running the latest version to report anything) or if the problem has cleared up entirely.

Thanks!
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Apr 9, 2004, 04:08 PM

Thanks for the update...haven't noticed anything "wonky" yet...

Dex13
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2004, 04:53 PM

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 11, 2004, 06:31 AM

Originally posted by gorgonzola:
There have been some changes in the cookie routines in vBulletin since the version we had been using, so it is possible that this long-standing cookie issue has been cleared up. Please let me know if you still have problems with that (in which case we can report it as a real bug, since they said that we obviously need to be running the latest version to report anything) or if the problem has cleared up entirely.
Not cleared up. Bad cookie, BAD!

Turias
Mac Elite
Apr 13, 2004, 12:52 PM

Originally posted by gorgonzola:
Nope, the cookie problem is still an issue.

Chris O'Brien
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 13, 2004, 12:55 PM

Is the fact that having 1000 posts no longer means you have green stars and are addicted to macnn? Or is it something else? Just wondering because Amorya has over 1000 posts but no green stars.
Just who are Britain? What do they? Who is them? And why?

Formerly Black Book

gorgonzola  (op)
Admin Emeritus
Apr 14, 2004, 06:27 PM

No, that is a freak case for Amorya. I will check it out. Others seem to have their green stars fine. Freaking cookies! We'll take a look at this. Thanks for the feedback.
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Apr 18, 2004, 06:57 PM

clicking the Mark this Forum Read link in the Lounge took me to here instead of back to the lounge. it should take me back to the Lounge, shouldn't it? i'm sure it used to.
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

gorgonzola  (op)
Admin Emeritus
Apr 20, 2004, 04:45 PM

Hrm. Never used that feature. Will look into it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules