Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac Intel

iMac Intel
April_nj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 2010, 02:51 PM

Hi there. I'm really not familiar with Apple computers and I heard from a lot of people that Apple computers is totally different from Windows(everything) - the commands on the keyboard, browsing the internet, etc. Well I'm looking forward in buying one of those iMacs intels, maybe a 21 inch'. So can anyone that use Apple computers and now a lot about them, can tell me and give me some advices on the purchase, ???

Cold Warrior
Nov 7, 2010, 02:53 PM

Apple has a couple decent starters if you're new or thinking about switching.

Apple - Why You’ll Love a Mac - A Mac is the ultimate upgrade.

Apple - Support - Switch 101

OreoCookie
Nov 7, 2010, 03:31 PM

First of all, a few things:
(1) Almost all hardware just works: you'll have no issues connecting recent printers, digital cameras and scanners to you Mac. They will just work and in most instances, you won't even have to install drivers.
(2) There are plenty of office suites (including Microsoft Office) and you will be able to exchange office documents and such with no problems.
(3) iLife is great and has no pc equivalent.

Another piece of advice: don't just try to replicate the you're used to work on a pc. There are common complaints by former pc users, e. g. that maximizing windows works differently. In most cases these issues subside once you get your head around how things work on a Mac.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Cold Warrior
Nov 7, 2010, 03:57 PM

I have a couple friends who've purchased iMacs in recent months, they are very satisfied switchers.

Forum Links
Forum Rules