Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > i need help with shortcuts

i need help with shortcuts
Mr Kino
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 3, 2008, 04:17 PM

hey everyone... i have a few questions that i have been wondering about for a while now. Im sure we are all used to certain shortcuts on our Apple computers. but how on earth do you accomplish these same, simple tasks on windows XP?

1st, what is the equivalent of command+H, you know, boss is headed your way and you just want to hid the front most window you have on your screen.

2nd, screen capturing. sometimes... customers need a picture. how can i take a screen shot? and to take this further... is there a way to take a screen shot of a window, or even a selected area.

3rd, how do i "print to PDF?" we run this program that is java based, and it allows us to print out pages to fax over to customers, but sometimes customers want crap e-mailed... someone suggested i can print to pdf, and then send them that file. but i simply cannot figure this one out.

thank you!

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jul 3, 2008, 08:51 PM

2) Print Screen for the whole thing, Alt-Print Screen for just the current window; puts the screenshot on the clipboard, paste into the app of your choice.

3) Download a free utility like PDF995 or buy Acrobat.

Forum Links
Forum Rules