Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Michael Jackson Freak Show...

Michael Jackson Freak Show...
iWrite
Professional Poster
Jan 16, 2004, 09:08 AM

...makes me just shake my head and grimace.

I don't know if the guy is guilty or not, but one thing I CAN say about it is this: He went through this 10 years ago once before for questionable behavior...now he, through his own actions, put himself back into an equally perilous and questionable situation through his own actions and if he is in this position with the legal system, he deserves it.

He's a loser -- his entire life has turned into a freak show from what he does to his face...to his skin...to making his "kids" wear veils...to dangling his baby over a balcony (that alone made me want to have him prosecuted for child endangerment)...and now the child molestation charges AGAIN.

Michael Jackson in interview: "What IS wrong with sharing your bed with a child?"

John B. Smith
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2004, 09:11 AM

iWrite said this

Michael Jackson in interview: "What IS wrong with sharing your bed with a child?"

Little boy, be not jealous. Stop your fears.
My tendencies are far from sporty.
Besides, the number of my years
Is over forty.

powerbook867
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 16, 2004, 09:14 AM

I just don't want to turn on Headline news and see him everytime...

check this out....

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/tshirt.php?sku=a270
Joe

tomdavidson69
Forum Regular
Jan 16, 2004, 09:18 AM

If he's not guilty, then he's not exactly helped himself by acting like a crazy-fool.

It could all be a publicity stunt I guess, no media coverage is fundamentally bad as it''s gets the brand (in this case a person) into peoples heads. But this is a moot point as his album is not exactly top of the charts or am I wrong?

It's a difficult one to reach a clear cut decision. He seems like an easy target, people think he's loaded so it could all be blackmail etc. He could be guilty and be covering up under this innocent/pure-type persona, or he could just be this weird from his own troubled childhood and the trappings etc of fame...

As the BBC are drawing parallels between this upcoming came and OJ (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...ic/3389637.stm) I think there will not be general consensus on the final verdict.

Will Michael Jackson ever end up jail? I don't think so, not because I think he's innocent but sadly I feel the strain of the court-case may prove to be the straw that breaks the camels back...I realise that's a dark viewpoint hope I don't offend anyone!!!
"I'm Captain Chaos! Been in the force long...?"

benign
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2004, 09:25 AM

Get on your knees MJ, allah forgives everybody.

Simple Empire...

iWrite  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 16, 2004, 09:53 AM

Get on your knees MJ, allah forgives everybody.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2004, 11:22 AM

Saw this today and had to post it, even though it is slightly o/t

The resemblance is a bit creepy!

John B. Smith
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2004, 11:27 AM

our great explorer posted:
Saw this today and had to post it, even though it is slightly o/t

The resemblance is a bit creepy!
Where did you find
this picture that so
resembles

Jacko?

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2004, 11:33 AM

Originally posted by John B. Smith:
Where did you find
this picture that so
resembles

Jacko?
Sent by a friend recently via email. Further o/t- what is the significance of using italics in your posts?

iWrite  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 16, 2004, 01:01 PM

xi:

(GREAT POST!)

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2004, 01:09 PM

It is just a very sad situation. Too bad that he didn't seek counseling decades ago.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Jan 16, 2004, 01:10 PM

I think he has always lived a freakish life. When you grow up in the entertainment industry, your sense of reality is warped. You are looking at a person that has has been placed squarely under the microscope of the world. And this is what happened to him.

I think it's very unfortunate as he didn't evolve like many other musicians have. Look at Madonna. Although I don't care for ANY of her music, she has evolved with the times. Michael couldn't.

Regarding his trial, I feel as though he is guilty. If it had only happened once, I would have given him the benefit of doubt... but it seems like it has happened multiple times. He will get what he deserves.

I hate to say this, but he is turning himself in to a monster.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2004, 02:18 PM

watching cnn...sigh

but, as much as i hate to say this...i bet he gets off...er...found not guilty....

and when that day comes..think oj...blacks will cheer...whites will gasp

waxcrash
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2004, 03:29 PM

Michael Jackson may be a freak, but he is one hell of a performer/artist. When the Thriller album came out, everyone thought he was the sh*t. Do you remember the first time you saw him do the moon walk? Everyone from little kids to adults in their 50's liked him. No other artist has been able to appeal to such a wide age group. If you look at the pop artists today � they only appeal to teenagers, etc. I still listen to old Michael Jackson albums because he is so damn good. The Thriller album had the best production in its day and it still rivals the best stuff being released today.

I don't care if he is guilty or not. I do respect him as an artist.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2004, 06:14 PM

he is not being tried for being a good artist

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

quandarry
Jan 16, 2004, 06:37 PM

the joker

Lerkfish
Jan 16, 2004, 09:30 PM

Bottom line: even IF Jackson did not molest those children, there is no valid reason for an adult stranger to sleep in the same bed with a child when they can easily afford to purchase another hotel room or has a large mansion with plenty of bedrooms.

Especially as he has run into this problem in the past, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should anyone have allowed him to do so unsupervised.

I'm the same age as Micheal jackson (45). Would I go up to a neighbor's house and say: "I want to have a slumber party and sleep in the same bed with your 7 year old boy, is that ok with you?"....er, no.

historylme
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2004, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by waxcrash:
Michael Jackson may be a freak, but he is one hell of a performer/artist. When the Thriller album came out, everyone thought he was the sh*t. Do you remember the first time you saw him do the moon walk? Everyone from little kids to adults in their 50's liked him. No other artist has been able to appeal to such a wide age group. If you look at the pop artists today � they only appeal to teenagers, etc.
What about Ricki Martin, when he firt came out I mean. Every one, and I mean every one was doign whatever song it was that he came out with first.

MJ is a fool, dilusional sad fool that should not be around children period, or boys at least.

waxcrash
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2004, 09:50 PM

Originally posted by history1me:
What about Ricki Martin, when he firt came out I mean. Every one, and I mean every one was doign whatever song it was that he came out with first.

MJ is a fool, dilusional sad fool that should not be around children period, or boys at least.
Ricky Martin was a fad. Ricky Martin's best selling album sold 15 million worldwide whereas Jackson's Thriller has sold 26 million.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2004, 10:54 PM

I still don't understand the good dancer = innocent thing but

I woulld love to play poker with MJ...he can't lie well...he has a "tell" so obvious...only fans can't see it

iWrite  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 17, 2004, 12:14 AM

Doubt we'll see Michael Jackson on "Celebrity Poker" anytime soon, no.

<snicker>

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 17, 2004, 06:08 PM

I know it's not popular to defend MJ, but here goes...

After seeing the 60 Minutes interview with him, I do think he is innocent. First of all, there was just an incredible amount of sincerity and genuineness which came across in this interview. I really don't think he molested any kids or hurted them, and I think he has the wherewithall to know what would hurt the kid.

Also, according to the outcome of the last trial, he was to be monitored. There was another person present, AFAIK. With this incident MJ wasn't even in the bed with the kid. There are thousands of Neverneverland employees, and none of them have come forward to confess to seeing any sexual activity, AFAIK.

This kid was dying of cancer or something, and if you look at MJ's motivation for building Neverneverland (or whatever it is called), and MJ's childhood, I can see why he would have aspired to be around these kids and do the things he does. When you remove the notion of sexual activity, this *is* a very beautiful thing.

Sure MJ is weird, but I think this is another case of somebody trying to make money by turning things into something unnecessarily sexual. I have more faith in mankind's desire to acheive wealth and riches than I do in MJ hurting this kid.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 17, 2004, 06:16 PM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:
Bottom line: even IF Jackson did not molest those children, there is no valid reason for an adult stranger to sleep in the same bed with a child when they can easily afford to purchase another hotel room or has a large mansion with plenty of bedrooms.

Especially as he has run into this problem in the past, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should anyone have allowed him to do so unsupervised.

I'm the same age as Micheal jackson (45). Would I go up to a neighbor's house and say: "I want to have a slumber party and sleep in the same bed with your 7 year old boy, is that ok with you?"....er, no.
According to the 60 Minutes interview I saw, they weren't unsupervised, and they weren't in the same bed - at least not for the incident in question.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 17, 2004, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by ironknee:
I still don't understand the good dancer = innocent thing but

I woulld love to play poker with MJ...he can't lie well...he has a "tell" so obvious...only fans can't see it
What is his "tell"? I haven't detected it...

Forum Links
Forum Rules