Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Just got banned, brought back memories

Just got banned, brought back memories
MacNNFamous
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 31, 2020, 08:17 PM

There's a web forum called river dave's place, it's for fast boats. Joined a bit ago. They have a group on FB too.

So on FB, I see some jackasses posting boats w huge trump flags, or pics of their boats w confederate flags hanging on them.

I get into it with them. "I joined to see boats, not politics, and anyone who honestly still believes in the two party system is a dumbass. " was basically my sentiment.

Hour later, thread is still up, all my comments are gone, then I'm banned.

Go onto the forum. Ask who the admin is, and why I was banned for being AGAINST politics being on a boat page.

Accounted deleted.

Trump people are such ****ing douchebags, they complain about 'liberals needing safe spaces' but then they just ban anyone who talks back to their idiotic viewpoints.

I hope everyone who supports Trump gets covid.

MacNNFamous  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 31, 2020, 08:18 PM

And BTW not really a liberal or a democrat. Just. ****ing wow tho. Complains about safe spaces. Bans/silences anyone who doesn't fall in line.

andi*pandi
Jul 31, 2020, 11:59 PM

They are oblivious to their own hypocrisy.

At least this time you didn't get a secret service call.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 1, 2020, 03:42 AM

Yeah, anyone who moans about snowflakes tends to be a massive snowflake and Trump fans are the absolute worst. If ever there was a justification for cleansing a population, that's a level of irredeemable obnoxiousness that might actually be it.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2020, 07:57 PM

You guys are one-sided as always.

All these virtue-signaling, “peaceful riot” - property destroying leftist a$$holes are as bad as opinionated Trump fans.

If you still think that one side is clearly bad / wrong, and the other side is all good, you are an idiot Democrat.

-t

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 3, 2020, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post

All these virtue-signaling, “peaceful riot” - property destroying leftist a$$holes are as bad as opinionated Trump fans.

If you still think that one side is clearly bad / wrong, and the other side is all good, you are an idiot Democrat.

-t

The old "Bad as each other" false equivalence.

People committing acts of violence in the name of equality, rights and science are not as bad as people who commit violence because they are nazis, like wandering about in public acting tough with their gun collection or just don't like paying taxes.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2020, 02:09 AM

I don’t know the numbers for the US, but here in Germany, the number of deaths resulting from right-wing violence since reunification in 1990 is officially around 85.

Number of deaths from left-wing violence? Three.

And due to a tendency to underrepresent right-wing violence as “intoxication” or just not politically motivated, it’s probably around 200 murdered. (For example, a triple murder in 2003, where a Neonazi killed an attorney and his family, still isn’t counted as “right-wing” because he also took the opportunity to rob them.)

While left-wing “violence” includes resisting arrest at demonstrations and the like.

OreoCookie
Aug 3, 2020, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
I don’t know the numbers for the US, but here in Germany, the number of deaths resulting from right-wing violence since reunification in 1990 is officially around 85.
… and as you correctly write, this number is an underrepresentation.
Number of deaths from left-wing violence? Three. And due to a tendency to underrepresent right-wing violence as “intoxication” or just not politically motivated, it’s probably around 200 murdered.
Yup. Traditionally, the more serious left-wing crimes typically center around property crimes (e. g. vandalism during May 1st demonstrations or as you mention, resisting arrest). And right-wing extremism is by numbers a much more serious issue than islamic terrorism, too.
(For example, a triple murder in 2003, where a Neonazi killed an attorney and his family, still isn’t counted as “right-wing” because he also took the opportunity to rob them.)
Another case that spontaneously comes to mind is the shooting in the Olympia Einkaufszentrum in Munich (a shooting in a shopping mall). The Bavarian justice ministry fought tooth and nail that this wasn't counted as a right-wing attack even though there was clear and convincing evidence (the shooter was inspired by Anders Breivik).
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

OreoCookie
Aug 3, 2020, 02:49 AM

<mod voice>Let's keep it civil, this is the regular lounge, not the PL. We can disagree with each other without calling the other an idiot.</mod voice>

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 3, 2020, 10:05 AM

-t
Right-winger: "Democrats are the worst!"

*Right wing terrorist violence, shitty right-wing president, right-wing fascist police violence, right-wing federal government committing tyrannical acts against citizens*

Right-winger: "Both sides are the worst!"

MacNNFamous  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 5, 2020, 01:08 AM

-t
It's possible to ****ing hate both sides and consider anyone who associates themselves with either party a moron.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 5, 2020, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by MacNNFamous View Post
It's possible to ****ing hate both sides and consider anyone who associates themselves with either party a moron.
You can but if you don't think the Republicans are worse then theres something wrong with you.

Paco500
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2020, 11:22 AM

-t
Thing is, the vast majority of left-wing voters and supports don't agree with or condone the actions of those people- we don't fall in behind the worst of those on our side, and, for the most part, find it pretty shameful and embarrassing.

You guys elected your embarrassment president.

Not equivalent.

andi*pandi
Aug 5, 2020, 01:07 PM

The current republican party is the tea party.

if we had a system that allowed for multiple parties, we wouldn't need to lump everyone together.

MacNNFamous  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 5, 2020, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
You can but if you don't think the Republicans are worse then theres something wrong with you.
They're worse in some ways. They support 2A tho... I don't trust cops/government so I want an armed population, esp as income disparity increases and automation will soon eliminate a lot of unskilled jobs. We should all be armed.

Also, the 'modern' left (aka centerists) will go on and on and on about SJW issues like bathroom policy, yet barely a peep about income inequality, which affects EVERYONE, LBGT and minorities included.

LBGT = 3% of the population, yet it seems to be a good 1/3 of their entire platform. Why? Because they're corporate puppets as well, and they will do anything to keep the population divided and arguing about dumb shit that doesn't much matter to avoid having us unify and demand wages that keep up with cost of living.

OreoCookie
Aug 5, 2020, 07:16 PM

They're worse in some ways. They support 2A tho... I don't trust cops/government so I want an armed population, esp as income disparity increases and automation will soon eliminate a lot of unskilled jobs. We should all be armed.
Supporters of the Second Amendment always go on about them being armed being a bullwark against a police state and an overreaching federal government. Where are the 2A supporters when the federal government sends in “police” that looks like they came straight from Fallujah, who shoot on civilians (with less lethal ammunition and tear gas) and abduct moms in unmarked vans? As far as I can tell the majority of Republican voters, which intersects greatly with Second Amendment supporters are in favor of this. What do you think about this?

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2020, 09:25 PM

The right values maintaining the current structures of authority more than being compassionate towards the protesters, especially those with the explicit aim of dismantling those authority structures. The right considers how the state is behaving as well within what’s justified to defend itself from a valid threat. If anything, I’d say many on the right believe the state is being far too restrained.

Should the left feel the state has gone too far, the means of assassination have constitutional protection.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 5, 2020, 09:54 PM

Also, the 'modern' left (aka centerists) will go on and on and on about SJW issues like bathroom policy, yet barely a peep about income inequality, which affects EVERYONE, LBGT and minorities included.

LBGT = 3% of the population, yet it seems to be a good 1/3 of their entire platform. Why? Because they're corporate puppets as well, and they will do anything to keep the population divided and arguing about dumb shit that doesn't much matter to avoid having us unify and demand wages that keep up with cost of living.
But income inequality is a policy of the Republicans. They always work to maintain it or make it worse. And LGBT only seems like a big issue because the RW press make a big deal about it. It gets them viewers, angry ones. They don't talk about income inequality because they favour it and because you can't talk about it to the sorts of right wingers who are watching RW media all day in any way that makes it sound like a good thing for them. They might even lose a few voters talking about that stuff. Money is the one thing that truly drives republican voters anyway, we've seen that with Trump.

Republicans also work to dismantle or devalue public education hence so many unskilled workers and republican voters. Universities aren't full of liberals because they are liberal. Its because educated folks become liberals when they're educated.

All that SJW bullshit is just s smokescreen. It was the right who raised bathrooms anyway. Unsubstantiated claims that pedophiles would start declaring gender changes in order to rape kids in bathrooms. Like you can't get into the opposite sex bathroom easily enough anyway and hid in a cubicle. Its telling how their minds work though.
Aren't most of those cops you don't trust republicans too?

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2020, 10:13 PM

I don’t claim to have the answer to the bathroom question, but I think women being uncomfortable with men in their bathroom isn’t that out there.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Yesterday, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I don’t claim to have the answer to the bathroom question, but I think women being uncomfortable with men in their bathroom isn’t that out there.
I can understand feeling queasy about that, but I believe it's mostly a problem of getting your head around the idea that transgender women aren't men.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Yesterday, 10:59 AM

I can understand feeling queasy about that, but I believe it's mostly a problem of getting your head around the idea that transgender women aren't men.
Like many things in life i think this is a matter of degree. There are some transgender women who present as biological women. And there are other transgender women who present as a man in a dress. And everything in between. Those who harp on the bathroom issue tend to focus on the latter and the horror stories they can then imagine ... justifiably or not. When the former is the far more likely scenario one would encounter ... knowingly or not. This is because how the transgender person presents may be in contrast to how they identify .... and the cultural norms (in the US at least) with respect to public bathrooms are rooted in former. IMO the solution isn't to try force the acceptance of transgender people into a paradigm that is fundamentally segregated for no good reason. That's like trying to get racist white people to accept a bi-racial person who identifies with their white heritage at a segregated lunch counter. It's never going to happen! Instead we should shift the paradigm to something that actually makes sense. Like gender neutral public bathrooms with private stalls and common handwashing areas. Then it doesn't matter how you present and/or how you identify. And it's not about "LGBT" or "SJW" or the myriad of other ways that the Fox News crowd works itself up into a lather. We do this all day everyday when it comes to dressing rooms in stores. Private stalls to change. Common area to see the outfit in full length mirrors and show it off to one's shopping companion (or the person who's going to foot the bill). And yet ... the sky doesn't fall.

OAW

subego
Clinically Insane
Yesterday, 03:20 PM

transgender women aren't men.
How true this is depends on how inclusive we make the definition of transgender women. The more inclusive it becomes, the less true the statement. The statement is least true when the definition is at its most inclusive.

If we pin the definition to the statement, by necessity it comes at the cost of being exclusionary. Likewise, if we pin the definition to inclusion, there’s no alternative but to sacrifice using the statement as a rationale for letting transgender women into women’s spaces.

What the definition should be is another thing I don’t claim to have the answer to, but whichever is chosen, it will negate the benefits of the other.

Forum Links
Forum Rules