Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Airport BS & card; PB G3 WallStreet II + xtras

FS: Airport BS & card; PB G3 WallStreet II + xtras
israces
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 27, 2004, 08:16 PM

EDIT: Airport Card and Base Station have been sold. Powerbook, VST Drive, and ADB Keyboard and Mouse are still available. Scroll down to lower posts for more detailed details.

PowerBook G3 266 with 192MB RAM. Original box and materials, cables, etc. Battery does not work and HD is broken. Other than that, it is in really good shape. Replacement HD are $25. Again, my sloth is your gain.

VST SuperDisk drive module in perfect conditon and only used like 5 times.

ADB Apple keyboard and mouse in good condition.

If you are in any way interested, make me offers on any or all of this via PM. I am amazingly open to negotiation.
( Last edited by israces; Mar 29, 2004 at 01:45 PM. )
Backup your Backup

blktlr
Forum Regular
Mar 13, 2004, 12:48 PM

The airport card is sold - I bought it.

Mike was patient with me and a pleasure to do business with, shipped fast - so someone check out the rest of his stuff and help get it off his hands.

Thanks,

-blake.

ThePowerToBurn
Forum Regular
Mar 13, 2004, 06:43 PM

Very interested in the airport base station.
Flower Power iMac 500MHz 60gb HD 8x4x24 CD-RW 512mb ram 16mb vram OS 10.2.6
AIO G3 500 OC to 525/75 20+4gb HDs 52x24x52 CD-RW 512mb's ram 6mb vram OS 10.2.6
6500/225PPC 225MHz 3gb HD 64mb ram OS 8.6
5400/200PPC 200MHz 6GB HD 72mb ram OS 9.1

israces  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 15, 2004, 02:42 PM

Here's the deal on the Airport Base Station. It is the Graphite version with an internal modem and an ethernet port. It has worked flawlessly until about 3 or 4 weeks ago when it started to work off and on. All the symptoms point to the well-documented capacitor problem ( search google or the forums for this). I took the unit apart and the capacitors are "crowned" as expected. Everything points to this just being the capacitor problem and once those are fixed it should work fine. However, I cannot guarantee that this is, in fact, the actual problem.

Knowing all this, if you are interested in the Base Station, AS IS, then PM me and we'll talk price. Also know that I am pricing capacitors as well and if it appears that I can fix this thing without too much trouble and on the cheap, then I am going to strongly consider doing so and that the price will change accordingly when it is operational.

However, if you are in search of adventure and want to do the repair yourself, let me know ASAP. We can work out an approprite price and I will direct my mighty repair efforts toward other things.
Backup your Backup

Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2004, 06:47 PM

Asking prices?

israces  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 29, 2004, 01:35 PM

Specs on the Powerbook are as follows:

PowerBook G3 (Wallstreet II)
266 Mhz G3
192 MB RAM
4 GB HD (probably dead)
14.1" Screen
1 Battery (weak to no charge holding)
CD-ROM drive (removable)
2 PC Card slots with CardBus
Ports: S-video, VGA, ADB, ethernet, and modem
Includes all original cables, discs, books, packaging, etc.

This would be a good machine for someone who absolutely still needs ADB, for someone who just needs it for parts, or as a project machine for chopping up and making into something else (video frame?). I could also see you using it for work in less than ideal conditions where you wouldn't want to take a newer and more expensive laptop. It is definitiely more rugged than the current powerbooks in my opinion.

Also available in excellent condition (can be bundled with the powerbook or sold individually) is a ADB keyboard and mouse. Additionally, I have a VST SuperDisk drive that will fit in the expansion bay of the G3 Series powerbooks. It works with regular 1.44 MB floppy disks as well as 120MB SuperDisks. The drive comes in the original packaging with all the original materials.

PM me with offers. I am very willing to negotiate, so setting an asking price would be a waste of time and would do nothing more than turn people away who probably could get it for what they would be comfortable paying anyway. If you're interested, let me know.
Backup your Backup

sledsbehave
Senior User
Mar 29, 2004, 01:57 PM

i can give you $100 shipped for that powerbook. it'd be a nice little notebook for my daughter to play with.

i can paypal the money this week if yr interested.
as ever,
sonny

werps
Forum Regular
May 6, 2004, 09:24 PM

Still have this for sale? ,,[email protected]

werps
Forum Regular
May 6, 2004, 09:26 PM

Opps! sorry I see now it was sold

Forum Links
Forum Rules