Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Address book is keeping me up at night (please help)

Address book is keeping me up at night (please help)
dipsy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 18, 2003, 03:52 PM

I am having a rather serious problem with my address book I have tried posting this problem on different forums but was recommended to try here.

Well my address book simply will not open. It seems like it should be when i look in the dock (theres a triangle underneth it), it also shows up if I use tab and apple to browse through the programs. But i still cant open the app.

I have recently been forced to delete some fonts, but think I have restored them all.

What can I do, I am really desperate for help.

littlegreenspud
Senior User
Nov 18, 2003, 04:24 PM

It is possible to have Address Book open and running without any windows showing up. Does it show up on the menu bar at the top?

If it does, then go to the 'Window' menu of Address Book and select 'Address Book'.

If it does, not try logging in as a different user and see if it works there, if it does then the problem is local to you and the application is OK. Try deleting your prefs/ repair permissions etc.

dipsy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 18, 2003, 04:50 PM

i cant see it at the top of my screen.

Can i just delete all the files in my user prefs.

Furthermore I can log in as another user and user the address book

Does this change my anything (i guees that means the program is not damaged)?

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2003, 05:19 PM

If it works for one user and not another, that's apretty clear indication of corrupt user prefs. Look through /Users/username/library/preferences.

Probable com.apple.adressbook.plist, or something like that.

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Forum Links
Forum Rules