Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Two Pismo Questions!

Two Pismo Questions!
I WAS the One
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 23, 2006, 10:40 AM

I received a Powerbook G3 Pismo today, it was a great deal at eBay and what the heck, I'm ready to let go the Powerbook G3 Kanga now. it came with 256mb of Ram, 20g HD, and 500Mhz G3, with Panther installed and all and it works really fast, (I wasn't expecting that to be honest) so, here is the quetion number one:

it is true that I can upgrade the Ram to 1.0g? please tell me how or what kind of Ram I need.

Question number two:

If I want to use two batteries at the same time, do I have to buy the same battery or it has to be another kind of module?

thanx
Enjoy My Mac Comic @ BLAST COMICS

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 23, 2006, 11:29 AM

You can get two 512 MB sticks of RAM. OWC and Crucial lead you to the correct-spec'ed RAM when you enter in your model information--other RAM sellers have similar features on their web sites.

Don't know for sure about batteries, but I suspect they don't have to be the same model. It just has to be one that fits where the optical drive pops out.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Mar 23, 2006, 11:56 AM

The Pismo supports 1 GB of RAM. It takes 3.3v 144-pin 100Mhz SO-DIMMS, according to mactracker. I am not aware of 144-pin SO-DIMMS available in anything other than 3.3v, so you can probably disregard that. If you find 133Mhz for cheaper, go ahead and buy it, the Pismo will just run it at 100Mhz anyway. To max it out you would need two 512MB sticks.

The Pismo uses the same battery as the Lombard, and higher capacity batteries are available.

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/power...tery/g3-pismo/

$140 and $150 for brand new, higher-capacity than when the laptop was brand new, batteries.

I WAS the One  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 23, 2006, 10:28 PM

Thanx!
Enjoy My Mac Comic @ BLAST COMICS

scoop417
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 28, 2006, 06:13 AM

Congrats on your pismo, a really fantastic machine. I highly recommend Tiger, 1GB of RAM, and the high-capacity battery. You won't regret any of them. I also upgraded my hard drive and put in an airport card, both of which were a snap.
12" PowerBook G4, 1.5GHz, 1.25GB RAM, 100GB drive
20" iMac G5 (iSight) w/1.5GB RAM and Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
4GB white nano.
15GB white 3G iPod.

Forum Links
Forum Rules